What's a fair price for an electrician to rewire Breaker box and Meter Box? Galveston - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > TTMB

Notices

Old 10-09-2008, 04:28 PM   #1
Jamaica Cove
Registered Users-pm+

Jamaica Cove has been promoted to PirateJamaica Cove has been promoted to PirateJamaica Cove has been promoted to PirateJamaica Cove has been promoted to PirateJamaica Cove has been promoted to PirateJamaica Cove has been promoted to PirateJamaica Cove has been promoted to PirateJamaica Cove has been promoted to PirateJamaica Cove has been promoted to PirateJamaica Cove has been promoted to PirateJamaica Cove has been promoted to Pirate
What's a fair price for an electrician to rewire Breaker box and Meter Box? Galveston

My breaker box went underwater and my meter did also-so I need to install a new breaker box and meter box-the meter is broken (bubble busted) and that's Center Point's problem, but the Breaker Box and Meter Box are my problem. I need an electrician to install a new Breaker Box and meter box and hook-up same. Two Things:

1. Anyone know a good electrician for Jamaica Beach Area-Galveston?

2. How much should it run to do that?

Thanks!
Jamaica Cove is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2008, 04:48 PM   #2
sfajacks89
Registered Users-pm+

sfajacks89 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)sfajacks89 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)sfajacks89 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)sfajacks89 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)sfajacks89 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)sfajacks89 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)sfajacks89 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)sfajacks89 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)sfajacks89 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)sfajacks89 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)sfajacks89 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I'm selling a 47 year old home in southwest Houston, and one of the items that came up during the inspection was the age of the breaker box. I got a quote of $2800 to replace the breaker panel and meter box. After some negotiation, they came down to $2400. I don't know if this average or not. I've only been able to get one company to come out for a bid. The others are too busy.
sfajacks89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2008, 05:00 PM   #3
Jamaica Cove
Registered Users-pm+

Jamaica Cove has been promoted to PirateJamaica Cove has been promoted to PirateJamaica Cove has been promoted to PirateJamaica Cove has been promoted to PirateJamaica Cove has been promoted to PirateJamaica Cove has been promoted to PirateJamaica Cove has been promoted to PirateJamaica Cove has been promoted to PirateJamaica Cove has been promoted to PirateJamaica Cove has been promoted to PirateJamaica Cove has been promoted to Pirate
SFAJacks89

Thanks-that's kind of what I've heard-actually higher-even $3000+. BTW-went to SFA in '75 (left and ended at UT). My deer lease is at Alazan on Lake Nac.
Jamaica Cove is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2008, 05:47 PM   #4
Chunkn' Charlie
Registered Users-pm+

Chunkn' Charlie has been promoted to PirateChunkn' Charlie has been promoted to PirateChunkn' Charlie has been promoted to PirateChunkn' Charlie has been promoted to PirateChunkn' Charlie has been promoted to PirateChunkn' Charlie has been promoted to PirateChunkn' Charlie has been promoted to PirateChunkn' Charlie has been promoted to PirateChunkn' Charlie has been promoted to PirateChunkn' Charlie has been promoted to PirateChunkn' Charlie has been promoted to Pirate
I just got a bid for $2750
Chunkn' Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2008, 05:49 PM   #5
podnuh
Dickinson

podnuh has been promoted to Piratepodnuh has been promoted to Piratepodnuh has been promoted to Piratepodnuh has been promoted to Piratepodnuh has been promoted to Piratepodnuh has been promoted to Piratepodnuh has been promoted to Piratepodnuh has been promoted to Piratepodnuh has been promoted to Piratepodnuh has been promoted to Piratepodnuh has been promoted to Pirate
i had the same issue in dickinson...Sparky Electrical in Galveston did the job quickly and on schedule. Be aware that to replace the meter requires a permit and city inspection, so hire a licensed electrician to do it.
On time, done right...but it cost me 3200.00...
podnuh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2008, 08:33 PM   #6
Piledriver
Registered Users-pm+

Piledriver has been promoted to the rank of BosunPiledriver has been promoted to the rank of BosunPiledriver has been promoted to the rank of BosunPiledriver has been promoted to the rank of BosunPiledriver has been promoted to the rank of BosunPiledriver has been promoted to the rank of BosunPiledriver has been promoted to the rank of BosunPiledriver has been promoted to the rank of BosunPiledriver has been promoted to the rank of BosunPiledriver has been promoted to the rank of BosunPiledriver has been promoted to the rank of Bosun
If you are just changing out it isnt that hard to do yourself and can be done for around 300 tops.
Piledriver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2008, 09:15 PM   #7
trodery
OllllO

trodery has been promoted to Piratetrodery has been promoted to Piratetrodery has been promoted to Piratetrodery has been promoted to Piratetrodery has been promoted to Piratetrodery has been promoted to Piratetrodery has been promoted to Piratetrodery has been promoted to Piratetrodery has been promoted to Piratetrodery has been promoted to Piratetrodery has been promoted to Pirate
Just last week I had Weeks Service Company come to my home in Santa Fe and install a new breaker box (outside), a new meter can and riser. I had purchased my own breaker box (it's a combo breaker box/ transfer switch). I paid $450 for the breaker box/transfer switch and the amount I paid Weeks is considerbly less that what you folks have been quoted.

I suggest you call Mont's Weeks Service Co for an estimate.
trodery is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2008, 09:16 PM   #8
waterwolf
slap ya mama

waterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Pirate
breaker box and weatherhead with a roofjack about 500.00 tops for parts and material..now add another 500.00-600.00 for labor ,,,thats a fair price...like piledriver said do it yourself...the copper wire is the biggest cost,,,go to lowes or home depot and pick up a breakerbox with all the breakers and the main for around 200.00......talk to a guy we hooked up yesterday and he paid 900.00 for the whole job in the LaPorte area.but that was a friend of a friend type of deal..good luck,
waterwolf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2008, 09:19 PM   #9
waterwolf
slap ya mama

waterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Pirate
you did say "re-wire" not "replace"....re-wire a metercan and wheatherhead with new copper would come no where close to 2,700.00 dollars,,,watch your money..
waterwolf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2008, 08:29 AM   #10
apslp
Registered Users-pm+

apslp has been promoted to Pirateapslp has been promoted to Pirateapslp has been promoted to Pirateapslp has been promoted to Pirateapslp has been promoted to Pirateapslp has been promoted to Pirateapslp has been promoted to Pirateapslp has been promoted to Pirateapslp has been promoted to Pirateapslp has been promoted to Pirateapslp has been promoted to Pirate
I paid 2k to have mine redone, New breaker box and meter box and had to add a couple things to get it up to code.
apslp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message