Fishing speck rigs - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Old 10-18-2007, 09:29 AM
Registered Users-pm+

auden80 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)auden80 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)auden80 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)auden80 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)auden80 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)auden80 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)auden80 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)auden80 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)auden80 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)auden80 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)auden80 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
sheepshead Fishing speck rigs

My favorite lure to use is the speck rig. Lately I have seen people tip the hooks of them with shrimp. If I tip the hooks of mine with shrimp or squid will this improve my chances of getting more strikes?
Old 10-18-2007, 09:32 AM
Banned

moganman has been promoted to Piratemoganman has been promoted to Piratemoganman has been promoted to Piratemoganman has been promoted to Piratemoganman has been promoted to Piratemoganman has been promoted to Piratemoganman has been promoted to Piratemoganman has been promoted to Piratemoganman has been promoted to Piratemoganman has been promoted to Piratemoganman has been promoted to Pirate
YES! But maybe not from what you want. Lot more bait stealers. I dont call anything trash fish because everything plays an essential role in our ecosystem. If we didn't have catfish then the bay would be alot dirtier. I could go on and on but I wont. The tipped hooks serve as a scent so you can buy some spray.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:58 AM
Registered Users-pm+

scuppersancho has been promoted to the rank of Privateerscuppersancho has been promoted to the rank of Privateerscuppersancho has been promoted to the rank of Privateerscuppersancho has been promoted to the rank of Privateerscuppersancho has been promoted to the rank of Privateerscuppersancho has been promoted to the rank of Privateerscuppersancho has been promoted to the rank of Privateerscuppersancho has been promoted to the rank of Privateerscuppersancho has been promoted to the rank of Privateerscuppersancho has been promoted to the rank of Privateerscuppersancho has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Make your own tandem (speck rigs) with 30LB mono and use the 4" Gulp swimming mullet
Old 10-18-2007, 11:40 AM
Registered Users-pm+

troutless has been promoted to Piratetroutless has been promoted to Piratetroutless has been promoted to Piratetroutless has been promoted to Piratetroutless has been promoted to Piratetroutless has been promoted to Piratetroutless has been promoted to Piratetroutless has been promoted to Piratetroutless has been promoted to Piratetroutless has been promoted to Piratetroutless has been promoted to Pirate
Scuppersancho . But do you catch anything. Just joking! What are the colors of choice?
Old 10-18-2007, 12:14 PM
Registered Users-pm+

scuppersancho has been promoted to the rank of Privateerscuppersancho has been promoted to the rank of Privateerscuppersancho has been promoted to the rank of Privateerscuppersancho has been promoted to the rank of Privateerscuppersancho has been promoted to the rank of Privateerscuppersancho has been promoted to the rank of Privateerscuppersancho has been promoted to the rank of Privateerscuppersancho has been promoted to the rank of Privateerscuppersancho has been promoted to the rank of Privateerscuppersancho has been promoted to the rank of Privateerscuppersancho has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutless
Scuppersancho . But do you catch anything. Just joking! What are the colors of choice?
I like using a chartreuse in front and a pearl in the back.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:20 PM
WHO DAT!!!!!!!!!!

coachlaw has been promoted to Piratecoachlaw has been promoted to Piratecoachlaw has been promoted to Piratecoachlaw has been promoted to Piratecoachlaw has been promoted to Piratecoachlaw has been promoted to Piratecoachlaw has been promoted to Piratecoachlaw has been promoted to Piratecoachlaw has been promoted to Piratecoachlaw has been promoted to Piratecoachlaw has been promoted to Pirate
When I was a kid, these were sold by the Boone Company and they were called, "Shad Rigs". I still call them that, but they go under the name speck rigs for the small ones and redfish rigs for the big ones. I don't know what happened to Boone, but my standard for fishing reds or trout is a shad rig under a cork. I put bait on for reds and let it sit. For trout I put no bait on and pop it. If I had one setup I was allowed to use, it would be this one. I also use them without a cork or bait to jig around pilings. Redfish love them. I prefer the Chartreuse and the ones that are gold on one and white on the other. I've used other colors, but these are the easiest to find. I use other lures and baits, but the shad rig is my old stand-by. I'd say 90% of the fish I've caught in my life have been on a shad rig, either under a cork, or not. Adding bait to the hook is the only way to make it a redfish bait, but you do also hook up with the undesirable species. - Coach
Old 10-18-2007, 12:40 PM
Registered Users-pm+

kevin122344 has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneerkevin122344 has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneerkevin122344 has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneerkevin122344 has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneerkevin122344 has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneerkevin122344 has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneerkevin122344 has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneerkevin122344 has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneerkevin122344 has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneerkevin122344 has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneerkevin122344 has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneer
i love the paddle tail ones with one glow and one yellow or both glows if fishing at night that they sell on the piers. otherwise a glow and white or yellow and white are really good.

the only time i ever limit on trout is with a TTF killer flats minnows tandem rig that I tied, with a strawberry in the front, and a glow in the back. 1/16 oz lead jigheads.

i'm not a big fan of scenting my rigs because fish will hit them quickly enough.

i just swim the rigs however. (constantly reel, but not too fast) with my rod tip to the side.

a lot of these guys are way better fishermen than me, but I assume if I can be one to limit out on trout with a lure, then it's a pretty good lure!

good luck!
Old 10-18-2007, 12:55 PM
Registered Users-pm+

ComeFrom? has been promoted to PirateComeFrom? has been promoted to PirateComeFrom? has been promoted to PirateComeFrom? has been promoted to PirateComeFrom? has been promoted to PirateComeFrom? has been promoted to PirateComeFrom? has been promoted to PirateComeFrom? has been promoted to PirateComeFrom? has been promoted to PirateComeFrom? has been promoted to PirateComeFrom? has been promoted to Pirate
I wish I had a quarter for every trout I caught off the Copano Bay Causeway with a speck rig since 1966. Tandem rigs are also great for flounder using soft plastics tipped with a piece of fish, squid or eel. CF?