I can’t seem to get comfortable with wade fishing… - Page 6 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 05-19-2017, 08:19 AM   #51
coker101
Registered Users-pm+

coker101 has been promoted to the rank of Privateercoker101 has been promoted to the rank of Privateercoker101 has been promoted to the rank of Privateercoker101 has been promoted to the rank of Privateercoker101 has been promoted to the rank of Privateercoker101 has been promoted to the rank of Privateercoker101 has been promoted to the rank of Privateercoker101 has been promoted to the rank of Privateercoker101 has been promoted to the rank of Privateercoker101 has been promoted to the rank of Privateercoker101 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJake View Post
Not much of a wader anymore. Used to all the time and it's a great way to fish. Had a few encounters with bull sharks to the point where I rigged my stringer into a dough net zip tied to a 5 gallon bucket with holes drilled into. Honestly though, I started to actually worry more when the flesh-eating bacteria started to come about, and yes you could just put on breathable waders. Anyways, all that said, is that your boat in your avatar? If so, get you a trolling motor, and just fish with that. No waders, no stringers, no lure boxes getting soaked...
Yea that's my boat. 18' Carolina Skiff...been a great boat. But I tend to go fish after work from time to time. Because I live in Galveston it's easy but I don't have enough time to put the boat out in most cases.
coker101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 09:19 AM   #52
Drundel
Registered Users-pm+

Drundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by RossF View Post
me.
Did you just join for the first time or new account?

I took a co-worker from Louisiana fishing in the Galveston surf two years ago. As with a lot of cajuns, they don't wade, most of their fishing is in deep water or mud. And this water started off TOO clear, you could see the ripples in the sand in 3' of water.

Anyways, we had baby blacktips around us all day and lost many lures, thankfully no fish or fingers, but the two of us from here just accepted it as how it always is and fished.

Caught a ton of fish, mostly smaller ones, but a fish every fast is always fun.
Drundel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 09:28 AM   #53
Timemachine
Remember the Veterans

Timemachine has been promoted to PirateTimemachine has been promoted to PirateTimemachine has been promoted to PirateTimemachine has been promoted to PirateTimemachine has been promoted to PirateTimemachine has been promoted to PirateTimemachine has been promoted to PirateTimemachine has been promoted to PirateTimemachine has been promoted to PirateTimemachine has been promoted to PirateTimemachine has been promoted to Pirate
I see no need to get out of a perfectly good boat. The whole wade fishing phenomenon, while a great way to fish, was made popular by guides as a way of cramming 6 grown men in a boat to take them out fishing in the bay. Convince them that wading is "cool" and you can spread them out. I have a big Center console, a medium jon and a kayak. Ain't getting out of the boat except for the surf!
Timemachine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 09:55 AM   #54
Lagavulin62
Registered Users-pm+

Lagavulin62 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerLagavulin62 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerLagavulin62 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerLagavulin62 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerLagavulin62 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerLagavulin62 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerLagavulin62 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerLagavulin62 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerLagavulin62 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerLagavulin62 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerLagavulin62 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
These fears are like the "I don't walk in the woods because I'm afraid of getting bit by Rattlesnakes." Nature is everywhere, most times all you have to worry about are ants and mosquitos.
Lagavulin62 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 09:58 AM   #55
Blk Jck 224
Good Things Come To Those Who Wade

Blk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timemachine View Post
I see no need to get out of a perfectly good boat. The whole wade fishing phenomenon, while a great way to fish, was made popular by guides as a way of cramming 6 grown men in a boat to take them out fishing in the bay. Convince them that wading is "cool" and you can spread them out. I have a big Center console, a medium jon and a kayak. Ain't getting out of the boat except for the surf!
I don't know about the validity of your theory...I think alot of guides are targeting quality over quantity...All of my big shallow water trout have been caught wading, especially in the Winter...They know when a boat is near them...hull slap, noise from any movement, shadows, etc...your trolling motor probably sounds like a blender to trout underwater...I guess it all depends on what you are targeting...I know for a fact that my Corky presentation is best when I am about diaphram deep...I've never seen a guide that I know of take five clients out on a trip before.

Last edited by Blk Jck 224; 05-19-2017 at 10:11 AM.
Blk Jck 224 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 10:23 AM   #56
Swampus
Hunting Machine!

Swampus has been promoted to PirateSwampus has been promoted to PirateSwampus has been promoted to PirateSwampus has been promoted to PirateSwampus has been promoted to PirateSwampus has been promoted to PirateSwampus has been promoted to PirateSwampus has been promoted to PirateSwampus has been promoted to PirateSwampus has been promoted to PirateSwampus has been promoted to Pirate
Got bit by a 4-5'er in Sargent surf.....years ago......still got the scar.
Took 3 beers and 5 cigs to get back in that day.

Had a rattler swim right at me and bout' broke my rod on him.
Gave him a switchin' to beat the band.
Kept fishin' then too.

I say I won't go in but always end up on the 2nd bar anyways.
Swampus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 10:28 AM   #57
Salty Dog
Registered Users-pm+

Salty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:

I disagree. Wade fishing was around and popular long before guided inshore fishing trips were a thing. It became popular because it is a very simple and enjoyable method that works well.
Salty Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 10:55 AM   #58
Drundel
Registered Users-pm+

Drundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Plugger talks about wading in the 40s and 50s.
Drundel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 12:32 PM   #59
RossF
Registered Users-pm+

RossF is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drundel View Post
Did you just join for the first time or new account?

I took a co-worker from Louisiana fishing in the Galveston surf two years ago. As with a lot of cajuns, they don't wade, most of their fishing is in deep water or mud. And this water started off TOO clear, you could see the ripples in the sand in 3' of water.

Anyways, we had baby blacktips around us all day and lost many lures, thankfully no fish or fingers, but the two of us from here just accepted it as how it always is and fished.

Caught a ton of fish, mostly smaller ones, but a fish every fast is always fun.

Brad, just a new account.
RossF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 12:35 PM   #60
RossF
Registered Users-pm+

RossF is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drundel View Post
Plugger talks about wading in the 40s and 50s.

Yep, just got done rereading the book.
RossF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message