I can’t seem to get comfortable with wade fishing… - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 05-18-2017, 11:50 AM   #21
swifty
swifty

Location: Texas Hill Country but leave a piece of my heart in Rockport everytime I visit...
swifty has been promoted to Pirateswifty has been promoted to Pirateswifty has been promoted to Pirateswifty has been promoted to Pirateswifty has been promoted to Pirateswifty has been promoted to Pirateswifty has been promoted to Pirateswifty has been promoted to Pirateswifty has been promoted to Pirateswifty has been promoted to Pirateswifty has been promoted to Pirate
Excellent story Ross. The comment you made about poking it on the nose is exactly how my Popo used to describe it.
swifty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2017, 12:07 PM   #22
ROBOWADER
Registered Users-pm+

ROBOWADER has been promoted to PirateROBOWADER has been promoted to PirateROBOWADER has been promoted to PirateROBOWADER has been promoted to PirateROBOWADER has been promoted to PirateROBOWADER has been promoted to PirateROBOWADER has been promoted to PirateROBOWADER has been promoted to PirateROBOWADER has been promoted to PirateROBOWADER has been promoted to PirateROBOWADER has been promoted to Pirate
Just wait until a rattlesnake sneaks up on you.........
ROBOWADER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2017, 12:20 PM   #23
jpayne
Registered Users-pm+

jpayne has been promote to Gunnerjpayne has been promote to Gunnerjpayne has been promote to Gunnerjpayne has been promote to Gunnerjpayne has been promote to Gunnerjpayne has been promote to Gunnerjpayne has been promote to Gunnerjpayne has been promote to Gunnerjpayne has been promote to Gunnerjpayne has been promote to Gunnerjpayne has been promote to Gunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBOWADER View Post
Just wait until a rattlesnake sneaks up on you.........
NOPE!!!
jpayne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2017, 12:27 PM   #24
fiftyshadesofgravy
Registered Users-pm+

fiftyshadesofgravy has been promoted to the rank of Riggerfiftyshadesofgravy has been promoted to the rank of Riggerfiftyshadesofgravy has been promoted to the rank of Riggerfiftyshadesofgravy has been promoted to the rank of Riggerfiftyshadesofgravy has been promoted to the rank of Riggerfiftyshadesofgravy has been promoted to the rank of Riggerfiftyshadesofgravy has been promoted to the rank of Riggerfiftyshadesofgravy has been promoted to the rank of Riggerfiftyshadesofgravy has been promoted to the rank of Riggerfiftyshadesofgravy has been promoted to the rank of Riggerfiftyshadesofgravy has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
dolphin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrem View Post
Or man there is no shame in it....i know a lot of people that generally stay in the boat.
Never get out of the boat. Absolutely godd*mn right. Unless you were goin' all the way.
fiftyshadesofgravy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2017, 12:37 PM   #25
Bull Red
Spending way too much time on 2Cool

Bull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to Pirate
Sharks don't bother me much. I've been bumped by and seen some pretty big ones up close and personal like. Not cool at all when you're chest deep. I've had some close calls with stingrays too, again not too bothered by them either. I stepped into some quicksand at POC one time. That wasn't any fun at all. Rattlesnakes and alligators, on the other hand, are 2 things I hope I never encounter on a wade. But, my biggest fear wading (and fishing in general) is Vibrio. I've seen what that carp can do first hand and I pray I never get it. I have found that drift fishing in the boat will produce fish almost as well as wading and you can cover a lot more ground.
Bull Red is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2017, 12:41 PM   #26
Texaspainter
Registered Users-pm+

Texaspainter has been promoted to PirateTexaspainter has been promoted to PirateTexaspainter has been promoted to PirateTexaspainter has been promoted to PirateTexaspainter has been promoted to PirateTexaspainter has been promoted to PirateTexaspainter has been promoted to PirateTexaspainter has been promoted to PirateTexaspainter has been promoted to PirateTexaspainter has been promoted to PirateTexaspainter has been promoted to Pirate
I never get out of the boat anymore. Used to wade on occasion, but I found myself so tense that I didn't enjoy it. Lost a few fish off the stringer on several occasions too. If I can't catch fish out of the boat.... oh well, at least I can relax and have a good time.

Went on a wade trip with a guide several years ago and he kept putting us out in water that was 4' - 5' deep. I'm vertically challenged, and needless to say that was not a good day for me. Miserable the entire time.

Nope, if I have to get out of the boat these days, I'd just quit fishing.
Texaspainter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2017, 01:00 PM   #27
coker101
Registered Users-pm+

coker101 has been promoted to the rank of Privateercoker101 has been promoted to the rank of Privateercoker101 has been promoted to the rank of Privateercoker101 has been promoted to the rank of Privateercoker101 has been promoted to the rank of Privateercoker101 has been promoted to the rank of Privateercoker101 has been promoted to the rank of Privateercoker101 has been promoted to the rank of Privateercoker101 has been promoted to the rank of Privateercoker101 has been promoted to the rank of Privateercoker101 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
I think I'm more worried now than I was.
coker101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2017, 01:06 PM   #28
SaltwaterSlick
Registered Users-pm+

SaltwaterSlick has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterSlick has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterSlick has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterSlick has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterSlick has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterSlick has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterSlick has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterSlick has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterSlick has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterSlick has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterSlick has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by coker101 View Post
I think I'm more worried now than I was.
...glad we could help!! b
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2017, 01:14 PM   #29
Jipperoo
Registered Users-pm+

Jipperoo has been promoted to PirateJipperoo has been promoted to PirateJipperoo has been promoted to PirateJipperoo has been promoted to PirateJipperoo has been promoted to PirateJipperoo has been promoted to PirateJipperoo has been promoted to PirateJipperoo has been promoted to PirateJipperoo has been promoted to PirateJipperoo has been promoted to PirateJipperoo has been promoted to Pirate
It's abut time for the mud shark story...
Jipperoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2017, 01:19 PM   #30
JimD
JimD

JimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to Pirate
May have been that brown shark repellent that you excreted into the bay that ran the shark off.

That is why I like winter day and night wading when the sharks are out of the bay. I wade at night but I can get a little nervous when you hear some big fish busting bait in the dark when you are wading chest to waist deep on a summer night. Big Jack or shark?
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message