Has anyone fished this location? LLM - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 05-17-2017, 10:28 AM   #1
Asalinasz72
Registered Users-pm+

Asalinasz72 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Has anyone fished this location? LLM

Hello, I have been a reader for quite some time here at 2cool. I apologize if I am stepping on anyones toes.
I mainly fish Arroyo city and Port Mansfield on my JVX 18 skiff. I have purchased dvds from TroutSupport, so I have been looking at google maps.
I have ran into a location that makes me nervous trying to attempt boating to since my boat needs around 18"-20" of water to plane out (haven't bought a jackplate yet, and usually are 3 adults on the boat). The boat with 3 adults can draft in 12" easily (I do have a trolling motor).

Its a few spoils (12) North East of Green Island that seems like it has a gut (will try to upload a picture). Does anyone have any input on this location? I would really appreciate any info, thank you!

Location is circled.

Name:  Arroyo.jpg
Views: 1600
Size:  57.8 KB
Asalinasz72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2017, 11:32 AM   #2
sotexhookset
I love beer....

sotexhookset has been promoted to Piratesotexhookset has been promoted to Piratesotexhookset has been promoted to Piratesotexhookset has been promoted to Piratesotexhookset has been promoted to Piratesotexhookset has been promoted to Piratesotexhookset has been promoted to Piratesotexhookset has been promoted to Piratesotexhookset has been promoted to Piratesotexhookset has been promoted to Piratesotexhookset has been promoted to Pirate
Pm DCVA. That's his go to in a similiar boat to yours. He'll know. Good luck.
sotexhookset is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2017, 01:14 PM   #3
DCAVA
Car Man

DCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to Pirate
Has anyone fished this location? LLM

Don't go in there, there's alligators, sharks and rattlesnakes in there!!!!!

Lmao

Really though, I wouldn't attempt it in a low tide, really high incoming tide u might have a chance..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DCAVA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2017, 02:19 PM   #4
pescador1
Registered Users-pm+

pescador1 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)pescador1 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I have seen a few boats stuck in that area. Very shallow.
pescador1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2017, 02:21 PM   #5
Asalinasz72
Registered Users-pm+

Ill keep it in mind and perhaps try it out one day that the tide is high and stays for a while. Thank you.
Old 05-17-2017, 02:41 PM   #6
Fishin' Soldier
Can't be what you ain't.

Fishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to Pirate
If you want to fish it. Park outside of it and wade the area.
Fishin' Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2017, 03:10 PM   #7
Asalinasz72
Registered Users-pm+

Thank you all, I appreciate the tips.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:19 PM   #8
batmaninja
Registered Users-pm+

batmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Pirate
Looks like a gut runs east and west. At least one guy made it in there.
Attached Images

batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2017, 05:15 PM   #9
JimD
JimD

JimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to Pirate
Not fished them in a couple of years but it is shallow and I fish a Baby cat. I drift a LOT shallower than you do.

I would ease up the old cut if you can and see if you can anchor and wade around the spoils to the right two or three in but back then it was very shallow the father you went back.

Ran a lot of the area with the right tide but did not shut down either. It is just shallow but we did get some reds and trout.

It is summer so go fish the targets and that area where the water is a lot deeper. Not sure you can get all the way back to the sand to the east but there is a good depth to the water there from the icw out a ways.
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2017, 08:42 PM   #10
David.
Registered Users-pm+

David. has been promoted to PirateDavid. has been promoted to PirateDavid. has been promoted to PirateDavid. has been promoted to PirateDavid. has been promoted to PirateDavid. has been promoted to PirateDavid. has been promoted to PirateDavid. has been promoted to PirateDavid. has been promoted to PirateDavid. has been promoted to PirateDavid. has been promoted to Pirate
Depth is about 2 feet for the first 2 islands and drops to about a little over a foot going back to the second to last island then goes 6 inches to maybe a foot towards the last island. This is going east from the intercoastal.
David. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message