What to do when a loved one appears to have fallen away from their faith. - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Food For the Soul

Notices

Old 04-22-2017, 08:00 PM   #21
fishingcacher
Registered Users-pm+

fishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingcacher View Post
Good news. My friend told me that they have some great Christians in their life to help them in their walk with the Lord. I am somewhat relieved.
Even better news! God intervened in a perfect way I could never have imagined. I think He has their attention now as well as the attention on another person. God is great! God intervenes and talks our feeble prayers and makes they perfect.
fishingcacher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2017, 09:55 AM   #22
Duckchasr
Make America Great Again!

Duckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to Pirate
Word from Billy Graham

This is a Billy Graham daily devotional for today from their website. http://billygraham.org/devotion/questioning/

I thought of this thread when I read it. I had stepped away from my faith and became a dreaded lukewarm christian for years now. I can tell you it is no fun and satan takes full advantage of his opportunity to come in and wreak havoc when your not in the Lord's Word and spending prayer time with Him.

TODAY'S DEVOTIONAL:
Restore to me again the joy of your salvation, and make me willing to obey you.
—Psalm 51:12 (TLB)

It is not unusual for persons in their early twenties to defect from their early teaching. The reasons are many. Perhaps their exposure to unbelief “took” better than their exposure to belief. This is often the case, for the Bible says, “The heart of man is deceitful above all things.”
The human heart is as prepared by sin to accept unbelief as faith. Some person they regard highly has undoubtedly influenced their thinking; and for the time being they look on their early training as “bunk.” As someone has said, “A little learning may take a man away from God, but full understanding will bring him back.”
Some of the staunchest Christians I know are people who had periods in their life when they questioned the Bible, Christ, and God. But as they continued to examine the matter, there was overwhelming evidence that only “the fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.”
Prayer for the day

I pray for all the questioning people today, Lord, remembering times in my own life when unbelief reigned.
Duckchasr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2017, 05:59 PM   #23
DA REEL DADDY
Registered Users-pm+

DA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to Pirate
Great post D-Chaser. Reminds me of the Prodigal Son scripture, Luke 15:11-32.

Another time is the time when we are hurt. I.E. lost of s love one or friend, divorce, Influenced by non-believers, etc.

Whatever​ ever the reason, we can all easily put ourselves on out on a limb, but call out and Our Father will listen.
DA REEL DADDY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2017, 10:33 PM   #24
fishingcacher
Registered Users-pm+

fishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Pirate
I am learning to be patient and give them time to heal. They have acknowledged that they know how much I care about them. They have started to reach out to me again. God is good!
fishingcacher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2017, 05:38 AM   #25
bubbas kenner
Gods blessings surround us.

bubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Pirate
Just continue to be a light.
bubbas kenner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message