2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Bastrop Bay Report

4K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  BFI 
#1 ·
Made a quick run to the North shoreline this afternoon. The water looked pretty decent. Found a little bait activity so I tied on a bone/chart skitter and decided I'd just stick with it, since I had a limited amount of time to work with. Most of the bait activity was up tight to the shoreline; which was a pain for me, as I forgot to bring my waders and my trolling motor crapped out right off the bat. Consequently, I did the best I could setting up drifts and motoring back out as necessary. Caught a couple of nice reds working the bait slowly with erratic pauses. The 1st red just licked it off the surface and ran right at me. Sure thought I had a nice trout till I saw that tell tale spot tail. Ended the day by working a mud flat near the intracoastal. Same bait same presentation yielded a pretty decent trout. Had a couple more fish take a look and boil but no hook up. Overall a decent although short trip by my standards. All were released to fight another day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.