2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Kids Fishing

921 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Zork 
#1 ·
Anyone know where I can take two 8 year old boys fishing. Does'nt really matter if they catch trash fish or good fish. I thought about rollover but I dont want to have to worry about them wrapping up in someone elses line or being in someone elses way etc...Thought about taking them to a catfish farm but I am not sure where one is plus it might cost me an arm and leg getting out of a catfish farm....I thought about taking them to the beach let them fish with a popping cork?

#2 ·
north jetty

I would take them to the north jetty, use live shrimp and there is no telling what they will catch... Anything from trout, redfish, flounder, sharks, sheepshead, croaker, sand trout, piggy perch, spanish mackerel, pompano, bluefish, Kingfish, atlantic spadefish , triple tail, Ling, and even at times snapper. These are the different types of fish my daughters (9 and 12 yrs old) have caught on the jetties with live shrimp... As the water on the jetties get warmer it is one of my favorite places to fish. My wife and I throw artificial; while my daughters use shrimp under a popping cork.. Be safe on the water and let us know how you do... Tommy261

#3 ·
Tommy is right on jetties. Also in the 1st gut or 2nd at the beach you will always catch something with fresh dead shrimp, everycast. Little bait stealers everywhere. San Luis Pass pier is open 24hrs. As well as a few piers in Galveston. You might also try Capt. Johns in Galveston, he has a big boat that does half day bay trips for like $30 a person last time I checked. Might be tackle and bait included, thats cheap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.