2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

If you had to pick the best three lures for the surf

9K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  jampen 
#1 ·
What would your top three lures for surf fishing be. List them in order from your go to bait then second then third pick

1. Silver Spoon
2. chrome rattle trap
3. red shad bass assasin on a 1/4 oz. lead head.

#4 ·
1) Silver or Gold Spoon
2) 51MR Green back/silver side
3) Top Dog blackback/silver side

#6 ·
With all of the new lures I have almost forgotten about my 51 Mirrolures. Back in the 70's those and spoons were the go to baits in the surf. I am going to try them again cause it has been a while since I threw one. I was always partial to the halloween color.

#7 ·
Yeah those old mirrolures are like gold. I go to Academy and all I can find are these new generation baits. I like the old guys...I'm gonna cry first time I lose one to a fish. I keep replacing the hooks when they get a little rusty. Heck I think I'm one of the last dinasours that still uses the styrofoam pith helmet with all the lures stuck in it I look like a rasta man ya know. And I can't remember the last time I found a Shifty Shiner(cept in my buddies box):tongue:

#21 ·
Yeah those old mirrolures are like gold. I go to Academy and all I can find are these new generation baits. I like the old guys...I'm gonna cry first time I lose one to a fish. I keep replacing the hooks when they get a little rusty. Heck I think I'm one of the last dinasours that still uses the styrofoam pith helmet with all the lures stuck in it I look like a rasta man ya know. And I can't remember the last time I found a Shifty Shiner(cept in my buddies box):tongue:
Try Marburgers or FTU. They usually have the best selection of the old classic colors. Those guys ( I'm talking about Joe and Danny) are real fishermen. 51mr mirrolures are the most underrated baits IMO. Add them to your arsenal, learn how to fish them, and you will be glad you did.

www.solarscreenguys.com

#9 ·
Yep, I remember Gibson's. They had the best sporting goods department in SE Texas, way back when....I remember you had to walk down in the basement area in back of the store....I have a Gibson brand 4X rifle scope on my .22 and it still works great. I saw a styrofoam hat today at Academy in the sales bin...shoulda picked it up.

Attachments

#22 ·
Conditions permitting of course:

1. Pink Skitter Walk ( Trout were smashing that thing like it was going out of style all summer long)

2. 1/4 oz Jig head Down south lures - Hottest color this year was pink and holographic green. Multiple times this summer I saw trout smashing needlefish and that green was the ticket a lot of the time.

3. 51mr Mirrolures - Enough said

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.