2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

TCD Launching

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  dlbpjb 
#1 ·
I was going to head out next weekend. Last time we went out the tides was blown way out and we couldn't float the boat off the trailer. Anybody launched lately?

Any close alternatives if the dike wont work? We fish jettys and back side of Bolivar.

#2 ·
They are digging all the sand out of the last ramp on the dike. It's been out of service for a couple of weeks now. I put in last Friday at the ramp around the midpoint on the dike (left side heading to the end). First time I used that one and it was fine for my 22' Blue Wave. Last Friday there was enough water to use any ramp on the dike. Even the first one by Mosquito Island.

#6 ·
I launched at the ramp near the end early last month in a 26' Triton. Silted in bad. Only a small area deep enough for me to navigate. When the water started pulling out from one of the barges I just had to go out and then come back in to pick up my buddy parking trailer.
Went out last week and one on end was closed for dredging. I used the ramp in the middle of the dike. Wasn't ideal but was fine for me during the week when no crowds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#12 ·
I launched at the ramp near the end early last month in a 26' Triton. Silted in bad. Only a small area deep enough for me to navigate. When the water started pulling out from one of the barges I just had to go out and then come back in to pick up my buddy parking trailer.
Went out last week and one on end was closed for dredging. I used the ramp in the middle of the dike. Wasn't ideal but was fine for me during the week when no crowds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have a 26' SH myself, if your not far away, the launch under Kemal bridge I see a nice free ramp in the mean time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.