2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Trout DVD's?

17K views 101 replies 45 participants last post by  troutsupport 
#1 ·
I have seen the trout/redfish DVD's discussed many times on this forum. Can someone point me in the right direction on where I can grab them?

Or if anyone is through with theirs and wants to sell them?

Appreciate the help in advance.

Tight Lines!

#58 ·
Just got these last week a couple of days before our trip so managed to cram them in before hitting the water. 3 guys, 3 limits on Reds and almost on trout. Best I have ever done and the most rewarding part was that it felt like we had a plan and knew what we were doing.

I have already started to re watch them to see what i may have missed the first time. Without a doubt, this is the best investment i have made in my fishing.

I will also echo others in how supportive Tobin has been. Always available and has provided guidance on questions for specific situations.

Buy it....you wont regret it. -JM

#60 ·
Just got my DVD's last week and was able to watch ~25 minutes before it was time to hop in for a morning wade Saturday.

For some context, I have been fishing the same reef in front of our place for quite some time and have never caught a single trout approaching 20 inches. Once I applied the things I picked up on in my limited viewing, I was able to catch a 17", 18" and 20" trout during my wade, on top of the handful of resident 14"-16" fish.

I bet you can guess what I am going to be watching more and more now... Thanks Tobin!

#62 ·
This came in from my site from a verified customer. Thought I'd share it here.

"I hadn't been able to make it out of the house the past couple of months due to the weather or prior scheduled engagements on the weekends. Finally though on March 18 I had my chance to go fishing. The road was closed to the spot I was wanting to target trout that morning. So I had and unexpected kayak of about 20 minutes going with the wind. I had the Trout Support DVDs in the back of my mind Fishing was slow for the first 3 hours to say the least. I decide to start making my way back to the truck.

At 11:30am I make it back to the slough I kayaked out of from the truck. And on the way back I find all the signs that the video discusses. I make my way to the channel and it's a mud bottom. On my legs I could also feel that the water temperature was warmer in the slough. I only had about 5 shrimp left and decide I'll burn them up and leave. On the second cast keeper trout. The next cast another keeper trout that comes off right at me. I decide to tie on a soft plastic. After working the lure different ways and trying to figuring out what the fish wanted, the action was pretty hot and heavy. I had my limit by 12pm. I was having too much fun to leave. So I continued fishing for another hour playing catch and release. I probably caught around 30 trout total.

It was a great trip, except for the 30 minute kayak workout into the wind back to the truck. Haha!

Seeing the signs and putting it all together is what it is all about.

Thank you Trout Support for putting out a superior product!" -JHP

#63 ·
I just ordered both the trout DVDs, again. I think they got misplaced recently by some of my wife's cleaning activities. They are well worth what Tobin charges for 'em, and I've been fishing inshore saltwater for 40 years.

#66 ·
Getting a lot of questions about redfish lately. The reds have mostly been pulled out of marshes since late February following the shrimp. If you can find marsh with some shad or glass minnows in it then that's a marsh that will have a few up shallow. Also with the glass minnows getting bigger there will be some on the shorelines with the trout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#69 ·
I took all the DVD's to the deer lease this year during the super full moon and had a chance to rewatch all of them. It was like having TS there with you but a lot cheaper not having to buy extra beer and food all weekend.

Seriously I have watched them 4 times and each time you pick up an extra trick or or idea that you missed or forget from the last time.

Some one had asked how. 12 volt deer battery, cheap battery clip on battery connector and cig connector on the other end, and the 12 volt plug that comes with the old portable dvd player, ear buds, and you are set. If you have a deer feeder then that charger will do wonders to keep your battery working.

Did not see much that weekend but did get a 8pt 140 class white tail.

#73 ·
This is from Saturday, one of my trout support customers. This was his Saturday in the surf in dirty water. Don't let dirty water deter you guys, when the fish are there they are actually more catchable in the dirty water than the clean water.

Attachments

#74 ·
The trout support DVD's really give you a lot of useful info, whether your a seasoned angler or stepping into the salt for the first time. The culmination of tips and tricks Tobin has compiled into the DVD's is a one stop shop to advance your fishing skills in one way or another. We as fishermen are always looking for a way to hone our skills, since as we all know we will never know everything, but can learn as much as possible. My favorite DVD is the Trophy Trout, really helps you get a better perspective on finding those fish of a lifetime.

-Moondog

#78 ·
This came in from Jeffrey McKee via the website... he submitted the following after watching them.

"These videos are a great investment for anyone wanting to learn to find fish. Tobin, and all the fishermen do a fantastic job of explaining everything from patterning fish movements to lure selection and how to use them. Great information, and lots of it. I will be watching these dvd's numerous times. Thank you Tobin" - Jeff

You're welcome Jeff. Glad we could be a part of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.