2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Spicy bacon tuna burgers

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  t-astragal 
#1 ·
I kept 20 bkft last month from the 36 hr trip on the Captain John. I give some away and eat the rest. Sometimes we get tired of traditional dishes and go weeks without eating tuna. It is such a shame to waste tuna, so I'm always looking for ways to keep it fresh for the wife and kids.

So believe it or not this may be our favorite yet. In fact it is better than a beef burger. You need to try this, especially if you have folks who don't particularly like raw or rare tuna in your family.

Ingredients:
3 lbs tuna diced and chopped finely , 1/2 lb bacon chopped and cooked, 1 cup chedder cheese, 1 jalapeno and 2/3 red or orange bell pepper finely chopped, 2 tbs ancho chili powder, salt and pepper to taste.

Mix the ingredients and press into patties. Cook in the remaining bacon grease in an iron skillet. The cheese on the surface will " burn" and give the party a nice color and flavor.

I toasted the buns and added red onions, avocado tomato, and mayo.

Best burger I've ever had!

Steve

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.