2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Big Bluegill? PICS INSIDE

40K views 176 replies 91 participants last post by  HoustonKid 
#1 ·
Hey everyone I'm from San Diego and have checked your site out for a while. Just wondering what is the avg bluegill you catch and at what size do you consider a bluegill to be big? Any 2 pounders or a solid amount of 1.5. Alot of times when I look at lakes in the Texas area I see see records of less than a pound. So that made me curious to know our crappie bluegill and redear sunfish are bigger than yours on avg. Here are some pics of my personal catches. Also posted some in the catfish lounge.

See less See more
#171 ·
http://www.sdcwa.org/water-authority-makes-history-san-vicente-dam Well boys... the Dam is just about done at the best lake for big fish in America. San Vicente in San Diego! Seriously though... when this lake opens again... records will fall.... again. in the 1980's it was a top 3 big bass lake in the country as were Hodges and Otay.... Otay still has monsters. But its a Ridiculously difficult lake. Anyways.... San vee... monster blues... Two weeks before it closed the State record cat was caught there at 114 pounds... Biologist said they grow 5 to 7 pounds a year there and its been closed since 2008. Bass fishing by california standards will be excellent for numbers... just remember its not the south... Still 40 to 70 bass days are had alot in the summer. Most days though besides spring spawn are 2 to 8 fish days for the avg. or below avg angler. I encourage anyone retired, glory hounds and avid fishermen to make the trip if you can.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.