2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Armadillo vs Opossum

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  jimk 
#1 ·
Took a ride around the ranch last night just after dark to see if any pigs were out feeding. I stopped to look through the night vision and heard all kinds of racket. About 30' away I see and armadillo and opossum getting after it. The armadillo would jump 2' up in the air and body slam the opossum. This went on for about 5 minutes before the opossum could make his escape. Been in the woods my whole life and have never seen this before. Anyone every seen this before? I tried to take a picture but it was way to dark. Here's what I got.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
My GSP and a buddies miniature pincher got into it with a dillo once. The dillo lived under the front porch of the house, and came out after dark. The dogs couldn't bite the dillo because of the shell and its size, but that didnt stop them from trying or barking at it.

Surprisingly the dillo, would do the same 2 foot jump. But added in a 180 degree tail whip to the face of the dogs. We tried to get pics or video but it was too dark. They went back on for about 20 minutes, towards the end I think all 3 of them were having fun. Dillos surprisingly can move

#8 ·
I know armadillos can jump, they seem heavy for their size, and they are strong.

Many years back I was trying to pick up an armadillo by the tail as it was going under a house on blocks. It was strong enough that before I could lift it, it dug in and made it under the house, banging my forearm against the house in the process.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.