2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Dick Dowling Shoreline

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Sabine Flounder Pounder2 
#1 ·
Waded the shoreline north of Dick Dowling yesterday from 12 to 4 after the rain with my wife. 5 bites, landed 2 keeper flounder, lost 2 keeper flounder and lost other. Saw some boats come and go but no one catching much. Caught on CB Cluckers in purple and white Gulp shrimp.

#3 ·
I try to catch my fish in October.. I went 1 time with my fil to the honey holes .. I can't stand to fish down there .. the lack of respect for other fishermen is so bad I'm afraid I'll end up in jail .. we had a couple guys drop anchor 6 ft from my boat .. hung his line in my anchor 6 times trying to cast where we were fishing .. when I said something he said he was gonna jump on my boat and whip me .. I just started laughing... we got our fish and left .. he would have been floating in the river before he could blink if he would have jumped .. it's just sad the things people will do that don't know how to fish ...

#6 ·
That sounds a little close even for Sabine and an AH to boot..

After fishing Galveston to LLM it was a hard fact to get use to how close people on Sabine do fish from each other or troll by each other. Good news is most are nice people and a few just do not understand plus 90% do not wade even the areas that can be waded.

#7 ·
my buddies and i fish together one trip, he didnt have an anchor so he tied up to the back of my boat 6-8 feet away, both casting into our honey hole. he had 3 guys on his boat, i was by myself. after a few fish from the hole, i proceeded to finish out my limit from under his boat. here's the secret, from a theory after watching all the underwater flounder video, some flounder would follow the gulp, missing it as the fisherman reel up faster to prepare for the next cast. i guess that they'd settle down under the boat's shadow .. with 3 of them throwing and as fast as they retrieve, i had my own honey spot.

moral of the story, it's more fun to catch fish when ur friends cant
it's a blast to pull fish out from under their boat
:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.