2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Breakfast sausage?

6K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  dbarham 
#1 ·
Just bought a meat grinder and want to make sausage!
any good recipes out there?

#3 ·
Do a search for Legg's Old Plantation seasoning. I get it at our local grocery to make pan sausage, but I know you can get at some online stores. My family likes this seasoning.

I also saw at Academy and bought some Fiesta brand pan sausage seasoning, but haven't tried it yet.

#5 ·
Do a search for Legg's Old Plantation seasoning. I get it at our local grocery to make pan sausage, but I know you can get at some online stores. My family likes this seasoning.

I also saw at Academy and bought some Fiesta brand pan sausage seasoning, but haven't tried it yet.
I use the Fiesta brand pan sausage seasoning with 50/50 ground venison and ground pork and I always add some crushed chili flake as well and we really like it and always easy to find.

#6 ·
make a run into Allied Kenco, any of the "hot pan" are pretty good, leggs, Zachs, etc.

I'm not a fan of heavy sage, some is fine, same for anything very sweet or maple flavored, but that's just me.

Ask the men that work there, they are a wealth of knowledge.

bag it in 2 lb tubes, then you can fry it all at once and eat it all week.

a standard batch of any seasoning kit makes 25lbs., so plan accordingly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.