2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Drum bay

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  iamatt 
#1 ·
Tough fishing. Windy as heck but managed some flounder and redfish. Didn't see much being caught at all. Gulps and live shrimp. Mud minnows didn't even get looked at.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Did you try the old ICW cut into Christmas at Rattlesnake pt?

If flounder fishing it might still be good at the old like you can see on cold pass. Do not fish the area much anymore but have set at the mouth of that pond and seen and caught many a flounder there. You used to be able to walk in BUT do not wade thru the lake as the mud is as- deep. Most people used to park and walk in on the left side or away from the old KOA. We have walked on on the other side but the grass is probably pretty high and the snakes are still out. ;)

Most fish are caught throwing into the channel but on high tides I have caught them on the bar with and behind you.

10 years ago this was the place for catching lots and big flounder too.

The other place you might look is where Christmas dumps into Churchill bayou BUT just looked at Google Earth and most of the island is gone so all thse cuts should hold good flounder in the deep water with all the newer and larger cuts.

FWIW We used to catch flounder at that corner ALL year. Many of the flounder just stayed in the mouth of Churchill and jumped out on the 4-5ft o of water just into Ch- when the tied was right. Could work for all those guts esp on an in coming.

#3 ·
Yup we fish all there. Most of the time we are the only boat in far west christmas. I'm going to give that area a stab with ducks this year. Used to roll the ducks hard over there before everyone had a dang kayak.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.