2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Babes on the Bay

4K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Z 
#1 ·
Hey,
I am kinda new here, not new to saltwater. Fishing in my first Babes on the Bay tourney in May. Never done a tournament before. We have secured a guide, but I know nothing about what to expect. Any tips, or advice welcome. Do not know my fishing partners well , :/... Thanks.

#3 ·
Babes on the bay

Yep. Last year was a little controversial to say the least.
It is a big tournament. Think they have established as largest female fishing tournament in US. The pre and post party is usually a lot of fun, and has drawn a lot of venders. Sign up, get some pictures, and share some memories.
PS, plan for some bad weather. Seems like something cold and wet blows in every year.

#5 ·
Been there, done that and wont go back. If you like drinking and fishing with 1300+ other ladies then it might be for you. It was too crowded for me. Weigh-in line was crazy and so were a lot of the women.
I would look for a smaller local ladies tournament to start off with. Not sure where you are located but there is a Ladies tournament this weekend in Bastrop, Broads with Rods then the Beauty and the Beast tournament in September in Kemah and Lingerie on the Bay in Matagorda in September, it is a really good tournament.
Go check out www.texasladyanglers.com
we post up a tournament schedule and are planning on having our own tournament in June.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.