2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Carter's Country Range Treshwig 2.0

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  ibtbone 
#1 ·
Guys you don't get more stand up than this. I just got off the phone with Travis Carter, grandson of Bill Carter. He sent me a pm and I am posting it below.
Like I said before, this is the most professional run and the safest range I have ever used. I have been shooting there since 1965 and looks like I will continue to shoot there. Travis is a great guy to know. Now his reply.

Just running through your thread there about the Carter's Country's ranges.

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience we have caused you, and for that matter, any customer.

As far as the ranges being shorter than stated, I would like to apologize for that as well. It seems you have been a long time customer, so you must remember our old "200" yd range as you mentioned in one of your posts. I am sure you remember when that was taken out and 100 yd berm was enlarged significantly. This was all the result of a pending lawsuit regarding the estate that was located behind our shooting ranges. The Carter family dissolved the lawsuit by purchasing the area that neighbors the original property. Using that as a tad bit of background, let me get back to the point. Amongst the new construction of the enlarged berm, the mound was built incorrectly, favoring the side of the shooters, which resulted in the less than stated 100 yards, same applies to the 50.

Once again I would like to apologize for our misrepresentation. As the berm continues to get weathered and worn, we will be able to shift the targets back.

As far as the difference in range charge, the cashiers at Carter's should of had a clear answer for you, I apologize on their behalf and will rectify the situation to the best of my abilities. The additional charge for semi-auto/modern sporting rifles, is a result of increase general wear and tear on all range equipment due to the variables that come with operating and owning a semi-auto/modern sporting rifles.

Please feel free to call or text me anytime with any questions or comments. This is my direct cell (281) 702-4499. I would like to say thank you for your continued business, and I hope you give us another chance. Apologies if I have missed anything in this response, like I stated above, please feel free to contact me anytime.

Thank you very much for expressing your concerns and issues, without receiving constructive criticism, we would be lost! We strive to serve our customers new and old the best we can, and always give our undivided efforts in putting our best foot forward.

Talk soon, hope to see you out on the range!

See less See more
#2 ·
The additional charge for semi-auto/modern sporting rifles, is a result of increase general wear and tear on all range equipment due to the variables that come with operating and owning a semi-auto/modern sporting rifles.
Still don't understand that. Assuming they don't allow rapid fire then there shouldn't be any more bullets being fired down range than with a bolt action.

The only other thing is the semiautos throw the spent cases out but I can't see that causing any damage?

#4 ·
Folks are going to shoot an AR type rifle more by design. Larger capacities and less recoil only add to the fun while emptying a magazine down range. Most bolt action shooters are far more precise and shoot far less to achieve sight ins.

Having shot there for many years I didn't care for the price increase but anyone who goes there and pays attention can see which types of gun/people combos put more bullets down range.

#3 ·
I have been shooting at Carter's for a long, long time myself, and I have always enjoyed shooting there. But for the life of me, I do not understand why they would charge more for my AR or Mini 14 than for my Ruger American or Remington 700 30.06..........to me, it just does not make any sense at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.