2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm done with costa Del Mar so what is next????

18K views 91 replies 67 participants last post by  fishin shallow 
#1 ·
Please tell me that I'm not the only one that has have nothing but horrible service with Costa Del Mar. The past 3 sets that I tried to warranty were all denied because "it was my fault". I ordered a new set directly from costa and they came to me with loose lenses and one fell out. I sent them in a month ago to find out they lost them after I called and complained about how long it was taking.

So my question today is what else is out there? What glasses are everyone using? Has anyone else made the switch from costa to something else and what is your results? Is there any other glass as good or better than costa?

Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#72 ·
I have tried several different sunglasses. Personally I have had really good luck with Costa's customer service. I've probably sent in 7 or 8 pairs of sunglasses over the past 8 years.(Not all were mine) Costa always covered the cost except for their $12 fee. Costas are my go to for fishing, hard to beat the glass lenses. Kaenon Sunglasses are next in line for me. I have also had really good experience with their customer service. Smith Optics would be next. The Chromapop lenses are great for two weeks, but don't leave them in the truck/sun or they will delaminate. Smith will cover it, but I don't feel like sending in glasses every couple of weeks. Their glass lenses are good, but the options of lenses per model is lacking.

#73 ·
If anyone is interested, here is a link to all of Oakley's lens colors
http://www.oakley.com/lens-guide

I'm in the process of getting some new progressive prescription lenses and got that link from Oakley technical support. If ordering from a prescription dealer and they're clueless on the different colors, tints, and if available polarized or not, this will help. Beware though, all of these are not available in prescription. Your dealer will be able to find out by talking to Oakley. I already have the Prism Shallow Water Polarized which are awesome in fishing specific progressive prescription. I just ordered progressive Prism Deep Water Polarized for bright sunny days.

#79 ·
I like sunglasses. Have had Maui Jim, Costa, Smith, native, ray-ban, revo. All had pros and cons.

The glasses I now use are Oakley Turbine deep water and shallow water. I have a block head and these glasses fit great. Lenses are probably better than any of my other glasses. They make my eyes feel good. The only complaint is I wish the deep water, which is a blue mirrored lens, was darker.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

#81 ·
I wear nothing but Electric optics. Awesome glasses and awesome customer service. I've warrantied a couple different pair because of the clear coating coming off the inside of the lenses and they have no problem replacing them. I've always had this issue with all sun glasses I've used. I wear them 8 to 10 hrs per day every day because I work outside. Oakley glasses did it really fast and their people said it was fro. Acidic sweat and wouldn't cover it. I can't help the chemical makeup of my sweat so how is that my fault? Electric just sends me a new pair every time. And their polarization is great too. Top notch company

#85 ·
I guess im the lucky guy that got the two best pairs of costas ever made. First pair made it through the usual fishing like every one else here as well as working offshore with them for three years. Finally broke when I put them in a side pocket of some shorts and knelt down on them with my knee. Replacement pair for 60$ is still flawless.

#87 ·
i quit buying costas a few years ago. waaaay over priced. now i use flying fisherman brand bought off amazon. usually $20 a pair. just as good as any costas, dont let them blow smoke up your keister.
Just cheap knockoffs...the glass is not even close to Costa, Maui Jim or Smith Optics glass.

That's why they're cheap.

TH

#88 · (Edited)
Berkly polarized $10 Walmart glasses here, they last for years, I've seen more fish with them than my $250 pair of Oakley's, and no worries about losing them, scratching, breaking, etc, as for optics, that won't matter anyway once they're coated in salt spray lol, I'd rather have a new reel, dozens of lures, something I can use that'll actually catch more fish [emoji13] lol

FV Relentless

#91 ·
I have 2 pair that I got off woot.com once. They're very light, and float. I looked to replace a pair and I was not going to pay full price for them. I got mine for cheap, like $20 a piece I believe. They're okay. Lenses scratch easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.