2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

19ft Hewes Redfisher

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  LWG 
#1 ·
I just purchased a 19ft Hewes redfisher and I wanted to know what, if any opinions anybody had. I like the boat alot because I can run at about 55-60 mph, it is a very dry boat, it handles rough chop well, and it will run shallow. It doesn't have a jackplate and I wanted to know if installing one would help me run in shallower water. Probably the only thing I dont like about it is that it is very difficult to drive standing up. It doesn't have a leaning post and I was wondering if anyone has ever had any experience with installing one or modifying the drivers seat. Other than that I love it. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Trim er high and let er fly

#3 ·
Sdavis,
I had a 18' hewes that for general performance I enjoyed. Had a 150 hp on it, would run plenty fast and relatively shallow despite a 12" draft at rest. Were it not for the jackplate and low water pickup I don't think it would have ran as shallow. With that in mind I think it would beneficial to add the jackplate but I wouldn't do it without a water pressure gauge. I guess it all depends on ones definition of shallow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.