2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Details on Yeti 65 & 110 seat back w/ cushion - saw at Tackle Town in RP

13K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  barronj 
#1 · (Edited)
I was in Tackle Town on Friday evening just before closing, and at their Yeti display between the register and the rod & reel repair/fire arms counter area, they had two versions mounted in coolers. Price tag I saw was $199. It's a seat back rest that installs where the cup holders/locks/tie down straps go, and when the lid is shut and latched, it makes a decent back rest. They were powder coated white or black, back rest cushion was white, approximately 6" high, full width of cooler. It will make a great addition for my boat, but I'd like to know that they still have provisions for my hold down straps to work (easy to do, just didn't think to look for it at the time).

My google search turned up nada, wasn't sure if anyone on here owns it already or not.

my crude rendering:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Do you recall if the drop down insert part that fills the void where rod holders/locks/straps run has a slot cut in it to run straps through? The way I'm describing it, you could open the lid but not pull the back rest out if you had straps, because the straps would go through the drop down part of the back rest since the area they'd normally go though is filled by the seat to cooler mount/base.

#5 ·
There is no slot in the backrest on the part that goes through the yeti where the straps normally go. You may be able to put the straps underneath. Basically you could strap the yeti down but could remove the backrest when you opened the lid. I wish I saw this post before today, we were just in there this weekend and I could have taken some pics. Btw.....they had them in black or white.

#14 ·
Rockport Tackle Town needs to do better and get in their shipments of Concept Tx reels. My son went on and cancel his order and is going to come down to Houston and get one at either FTU or Hookspit.

Waterloo store and Roy's Tackle shop have em according to reports.

#16 ·
Rockport Tackle Town needs to do better and get in their shipments of Concept Tx reels. My son went on and cancel his order and is going to come down to Houston and get one at either FTU or Hookspit.

Why would this be their fault? It would understandably be frustrating, but I would think that the frustration would aimed at 13. I know other shops that have had there order in as early as Aug. last year that have been told several different stories as to when they will receive their order. I contacted 13 by email 3 weeks ago to ask when my local store might be receiving their order and never received a reply other than the computer generated email that acknowledged receipt of my email.

#15 ·
I was just about to post a new thread on them, but i'll add it here to. Shout out to Tackle Town for amazing customer service on reel repair! I'd dropped off a Penn Battle that locked up. They looked at it, said it was beyond repair, and they said they'd ship it back to Penn for me and Tackle Town would give me a new Penn reel, just come in and we'll have it for you. They didn't ask where I'd bought it (Academy), they just hooked it up. They don't know me from Adam.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.