2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Somerville 4/20

2K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  cva34 
#1 ·
Today I had returning Charlie, Carroll, and Bill, long time friends that worked together.

They had never tried fishing crappie when they came to fish until today. We fished crappie until 8:30 and managed 30 nice crappie. Then we headed for cat fishing. The bite picked up after 10 minutes and was steady.

We made it back to the ramp be noon
With 75 cats on board.

While on board Carroll asked the question about how many times they had fished with me. So, having kept records since 2008...when I got home I checked it out.
Since 2010 one or more of these guys have fished 13 times with me...they have boated 839 fish, for a per trip average of 69.8 fish.🎉🎣😁

See less See more
#9 ·
Someone explain to me how a catfish can take a bobber under or hit a tight line hard enough to almost take a rod out of your hand but not get hooked up with a treble hook? That happened many times on this trip. And most of the landed fish had the hook deep into their mouths.
Fishing with Weldon is always a pleasure. Try it, you'll like it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.