Questions about waders - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 01-11-2017, 10:13 AM   #11
johnsons1480
Registered Users-pm+

johnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingcacher View Post
For that price it is a good deal. No pocket in front though. Probably a nice pair to try out to see if you like wade fishing.
I went ahead and got a pair for my wife and myself.
johnsons1480 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2017, 02:03 PM   #12
GoneSouth
Registered Users-pm+

GoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to Pirate
Magellan's are a good choice for a first timer. I have the cheap(er) simms with the zipper so I can whiz without taking them off. But I wade alot. I do like the frogg togg boots though. Very light weight and comfortable. Upgrade when and if you see fit. Fishing is more important that what you use so get out there.
GoneSouth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2017, 03:54 PM   #13
Salty Dog
Registered Users-pm+

Salty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsons1480 View Post
I went ahead and got a pair for my wife and myself.
Good waders and a very good price.

One tip I'll give you about breathable waders. When you are done with them be sure you dry them out well on both sides. I usually hang them up and let them dry for a day and then turn them inside out and make sure the inside dries out totally as well. Even when I am wearing them several days in a row I try to rinse the outside off well with fresh water and hang them up to dry out as much as possible between uses. If you don't dry the inside out the feet will get super funky and the breathable fabric can mildew which can kill them.
Salty Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2017, 03:56 PM   #14
johnsons1480
Registered Users-pm+

johnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
Good waders and a very good price.

One tip I'll give you about breathable waders. When you are done with them be sure you dry them out well on both sides. I usually hang them up and let them dry for a day and then turn them inside out and make sure the inside dries out totally as well. Even when I am wearing them several days in a row I try to rinse the outside off well with fresh water and hang them up to dry out as much as possible between uses. If you don't dry the inside out the feet will get super funky and the breathable fabric can mildew which can kill them.
Would you recommend getting a boot dryer?
johnsons1480 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2017, 04:10 PM   #15
Salty Dog
Registered Users-pm+

Salty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsons1480 View Post
Would you recommend getting a boot dryer?
No. While it won't hurt them there just isn't a reason to unless you have bootfoot waders. They dry quickly and really well just by hanging them up. Let one side dry, turn inside out and let the other side dry. There is no real reason to use a boot dryer. I have one and never use it on my stockingfoot waders.

Most issues come from letting the outside dry and then folding them up and putting them up with the inside still damp. It can cause the seam tape to come loose and can cause mildew which can wreck the super thin breathable membrane.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:17 PM   #16
Salty Dog
Registered Users-pm+

One other thing, it is almost always better to store them by hanging them up than by folding them up and store them inside the house during the hot months if you can. Baking in a super hot boat shed all summer can be tough on them.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:56 PM   #17
dk2429
Pro life, pro gun, Trump 2016

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
Now I know I said to only get breathable waders, but there is one thing I will say about neoprene.

Since my Frogg Toggs finally started leaking, my buddy let me borrow a back up pair of his that are neoprene stockingfoot when we went down to POC a few weeks ago.

It was really cold most the time and I will say, I was much happier to wear those neoprene's than breathable. I'm 100% fine wearing breathable in cold water, I have before no issue, just layer up. But those neoprene's kept my whole body nice and toasty.
dk2429 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message