2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Open Beaches

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  2slick 
#1 ·
#5 ·
I drove the outer banks of North Carolina yesterday. The beaches are closed to the public. Mile after mile of deserted businesses are crumbling.
All because the Audobon society was worried that the piping plover was suffering from beach traffic. The people are depressed, they are angry and bitter. All the beach access points are chained off.
You can buy a weekend permit, 50 dollars, but I did not see one vehicle on the beach, in perfect weather, in 70 miles.
In Oregon it's an owl, in Colorado it's erosion, in NC it's the plover, in TX it's lunacy.
In every case the public looses.
Get out there and see it while you can, OUR country is being taken away from us.

#8 ·
Yes, 6 year terms. My bad

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Supreme_Court

Election of members of the Court
The Chief Justice and the associate justices are elected to staggered six-year terms in state-wide partisan elections. When a vacancy arises the Governor of Texas may appoint Justices, subject to Senate confirmation, to serve out the remainder of an unexpired term until the next general election. As of 2010[update], six of the current Justices, a majority, were originally appointed by Governor Rick Perry. The current Justices, like all the Judges of the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals, are all Republican.
The place numbers have no special meaning as all justices are elected state-wide, except that the Chief Justice position is considered "Place 1".

#9 ·
What a bunch of ****. Pretty ignorant if you ask me. No beach maintenance, no beach. For anybody. I used to love going fishing with dad at SLP we would just drive down the beach for miles and miles. My kids have been only a few times to the little entrances that are way over crowded. It just doesnt make sense for anyone

#10 ·
I bet it would be interesting to have a Forensic Accountant go over these Judges finances. I wounder what would be found?

Reminds me of a line David Letterman said after a contoversial boxing match:

"That Judge couldn't have been more bought than if they had a barcode Tatooed to their forehead"

#11 ·
I was in VA Beach, VA a few years ago. Thought it would be nice to just see the beach. Only place we could access it was a Dairy Queen. I've been told it was sold and a private development is there now. I see that coming for us if that ruling stands. Sad indeed!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.