On gay marriage... - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Food For the Soul

Old 05-03-2013, 08:42 AM   #1
jimk
Wherever you are....BLOOM!

jimk has been promoted to Piratejimk has been promoted to Piratejimk has been promoted to Piratejimk has been promoted to Piratejimk has been promoted to Piratejimk has been promoted to Piratejimk has been promoted to Piratejimk has been promoted to Piratejimk has been promoted to Piratejimk has been promoted to Piratejimk has been promoted to Pirate
On gay marriage...

This comes from Dr. Jim Denison's "Cultural Commentary" for today.

Dr. Jim Denison, President
May 03, 2013

The best response to gay marriage I've seen

Chris Boussard, a basketball analyst on ESPN, was asked this week to comment on Jason Collin's announcement that he is gay.His reply : "I'm a Christian. I don't agree with homosexuality. I think it's a sin, as I think all sex outside of marriage between a man and woman is." He later added, "I believe Jason Collins displayed bravery with his announcement today and I have no objection to him or anyone else playing in the NBA." Nonetheless,his network immediately apologized for his statement and he was widely branded "homophobic."

Does it seem to you that the "train" on accepting homosexuality and gay marriage has left the station? Where does this trend leave those who believe the Bible on this issue? San Francisco Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone recently gave a fascinating interview to USA Today; I commend it to you in its entirety. It closes with his response to the question, "Are you worried about the recent trend in courts and states going against you?"

Here is his thoughtful and encouraging response in full: "The natural law has a power written on the human heart that doesn't go away. Notice how there is no controversy in this country now over the evil of Jim Crow laws. Shortly after the Civil Rights Act the cultural change was complete. This is because it was the right thing to do. The truth cannot be suppressed indefinitely.

"Draw a contrast here with the pro-life movement: After the Roe decision, it was commonly thought that our society would soon easily accept the legitimacy of abortion. But what has happened? The pro-life movement is stronger now, 40 years later, than it has ever been. This is because of the truth: Abortion is the killing of an innocent human life. That is not a matter of opinion or religious belief; it is a simple fact that cannot be denied.

"The same principle applies with marriage: It is simply a natural fact that you need a man and a woman to make a marriage and that a child's heart longs for the love of both his or her mother and father. Even if the Supreme Court rules against this truth, the controversy will not die out, as it hasn't on the abortion issue.

"The problem is, the longer a society operates in denial of the truth, the greater is the harm that will be done. The examples of the racist policies and practices of the past in our own country make this clear, as does all the harm that abortion has done to women and all those in her network of relationships.

"With marriage, we have to consider the harm that will be caused by enshrining in the law the principle that children do not need a mother and a father. The circumstances of our struggles change but the truth does not."

Jesus agreed: "You shall know the truth, and the truth will set you free" (John 8:32).
jimk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2013, 09:00 AM   #2
Fish&Chips
Banned

Fish&Chips has been promoted to PirateFish&Chips has been promoted to PirateFish&Chips has been promoted to PirateFish&Chips has been promoted to PirateFish&Chips has been promoted to PirateFish&Chips has been promoted to PirateFish&Chips has been promoted to PirateFish&Chips has been promoted to PirateFish&Chips has been promoted to PirateFish&Chips has been promoted to PirateFish&Chips has been promoted to Pirate
Very good post jimk. Dr. Denison made some very good points and nobody can deny that what he stated is true. All we have to do is look around. I have to pass this one along. Thanks for posting brother.

Also, just thinking about the ramifications of allowing children to be adopted by these couples - I can almost guarantee that the juvenile detention centers will be over crowded in the near future. Immediately upon being placed in an environment like that, the children are at a greater disadvantage. And how can you teach a child about morals when the adult is invoved in immorality?
Fish&Chips is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #3
the hook
Registered Users-pm+

the hook has been promoted to Piratethe hook has been promoted to Piratethe hook has been promoted to Piratethe hook has been promoted to Piratethe hook has been promoted to Piratethe hook has been promoted to Piratethe hook has been promoted to Piratethe hook has been promoted to Piratethe hook has been promoted to Piratethe hook has been promoted to Piratethe hook has been promoted to Pirate
That IS the problem....They do not think it immoral....either abortion or same sex marriage....It is their "right"....go figure
the hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2013, 01:54 PM   #4
Fish&Chips
Banned

Fish&Chips has been promoted to PirateFish&Chips has been promoted to PirateFish&Chips has been promoted to PirateFish&Chips has been promoted to PirateFish&Chips has been promoted to PirateFish&Chips has been promoted to PirateFish&Chips has been promoted to PirateFish&Chips has been promoted to PirateFish&Chips has been promoted to PirateFish&Chips has been promoted to PirateFish&Chips has been promoted to Pirate
This quote seems to fit:
"if you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes truth"

I myself believe that they know it is immoral but in their minds, if they can get more people to agree/side with them, then it's not really that bad. And hey, if the law of this great nation says it's ok, then it must be ok. That's why jimk's post above is great, because nobody is protesting that african americans should not have equal rights. Why? Because the law is right in that we are all afforded equal rights. In the case of abortion & marriage, there will always be protests. Why? Because the law is wrong. Yet God's law is always right.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:51 PM   #5
Fish&Chips
Banned

Has anybody ever confronted these individuals face to face before? If you have then you would have stared rage right in the eyes. Years back when San Francisco city hall was performing marriages, I went out there with a small church. We were not holding signs. We were not speaking against homosexuality. We were simply gathered across the street from city hall and singing worship songs to God. These people would get enraged and in your face. They would push & shove & scream. Something about the name of Jesus that makes them very upset. Is there any hope for them? Yes there is and it is found in Jesus Christ. If they repent and turn from their ways, God will forgive their sins - just as he forgave our sins.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:28 PM   #6
beach
Registered Users-pm+

beach has been promote to Gunnerbeach has been promote to Gunnerbeach has been promote to Gunnerbeach has been promote to Gunnerbeach has been promote to Gunnerbeach has been promote to Gunnerbeach has been promote to Gunnerbeach has been promote to Gunnerbeach has been promote to Gunnerbeach has been promote to Gunnerbeach has been promote to Gunner
I have a great deal of respect for Chris Broussard, as he had only a second or two before he stated the truth. He was simply asked a question on air what he thought of the Jason Collins’ situation. He never slandered or directly chastised Mr. Collins. He simply stated Christian values, and he did not back down. Further, after the backlash, he stated “Though I’m getting a Lot of Hate, God Is Being Glorified”
I find it extremely troublesome that many of the mainstream media cannot respect this, particularly when he was asked the question.
I believe Mr. Broussard had 2 Timothy 4:2 in mind: Preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching. He did it honorably as 1 Peter 3:15-16: But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect, having a good conscience, so that, when you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame.
beach is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2013, 08:55 PM   #7
Fish&Chips
Banned

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

John Adams
Old 05-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #8
Jiggin Junkie
Beneath the Blood stained Lintel

Jiggin Junkie has been promoted to PirateJiggin Junkie has been promoted to PirateJiggin Junkie has been promoted to PirateJiggin Junkie has been promoted to PirateJiggin Junkie has been promoted to PirateJiggin Junkie has been promoted to PirateJiggin Junkie has been promoted to PirateJiggin Junkie has been promoted to PirateJiggin Junkie has been promoted to PirateJiggin Junkie has been promoted to PirateJiggin Junkie has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish&Chips View Post
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

John Adams
You are correct sir. So may God bring us back to a firm foundation in Him. He is our only help and our only hope.
Jiggin Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2013, 10:27 PM   #9
melvinrod
Registered Users-pm+

melvinrod has been promoted to Piratemelvinrod has been promoted to Piratemelvinrod has been promoted to Piratemelvinrod has been promoted to Piratemelvinrod has been promoted to Piratemelvinrod has been promoted to Piratemelvinrod has been promoted to Piratemelvinrod has been promoted to Piratemelvinrod has been promoted to Piratemelvinrod has been promoted to Piratemelvinrod has been promoted to Pirate
Sad state of affairs and those that pass those laws, But God is allowing us to choose who we will serve.
melvinrod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message