2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Grilled Jalapenos

13K views 35 replies 27 participants last post by  sotexhookset 
#1 ·
Having a fish fry and the wife wants bacon wrapped jalapenos.I googled such and would like ideals from the 2cool folks.Thanks..

#2 ·
Basic fare is split and cleaned japs, cream cheese inside and wrapped in bacon. Cook of grill until bacon is done and japs are soft.
You can go up from there with shrimp dip stuffing, etc. we make them by the gross for our BBQ cookouts.

#5 ·
I hate prepping them dang things especially if there's a ton to do. Like wrapped dove bombs, pain in the butt to prep. Standard 1/2 cut stuffed jap, cream cheese and bacon are packaged by 18 (lcount (I believe) at hebs. Get a bottled ginger mango glaze to finish them on the grill. Easy as it gets.

#13 ·
I like to take whole japs, cut the top off and core it out, then stuff it with cheese (your choice of cheese). Then wrap with a thin slice of bacon, thinly pack breakfast sausage around it completely, and coat with "Shake N' Bake". Throw them on the grill/smoker until the sausage is done. Some folks call them Armadillo Eggs.

#14 ·
HEB sells whole pickled japs in a jar that are already split and seeds removed.

Makes it very easy to prepare them.

I mix 50/50 cream cheese and monterrey jack and grill them till the cheese melts. Since the Japs are pickled it only takes a few minutes on the pit, or grill.

#20 ·
Core fresh jalapenos. Insert a quartered sliver of white string cheese. Insert a sliver of frozen peach. Wrap with thin sliced . Throw on the grill. The peach may sound weird but coupled with the bacon, jalapeno and cheese; it makes for a great combination of sweet, savory, spicy, and juicy.

#22 ·
Split and clean the Jalapenos one stick cream cheese one can tiny shrimp one can crab meat mixed up in a bowl then fill the pepper halves and wrap with bacon slap them baby's on the grill till the bacon is done then enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#24 ·
There are hundreds of ways to fix these bad boys, but as stated earlier, my favorite is to fry shrimp - don't care what size, looking for the best tasting at the time - and if necessary put into a food processor to chop, could do this with anything besides shrimp, then mix with cream cheese and then put into a gallon zip lock bag, cut a small portion of one of the corners (to make a cheap piping bag) and then squeeze deep into the cored japs - makes them a cinch to fill and then cook away.

#28 ·
The way I make them is a little different than these. I take good sized Jalapenos slice them longways and remove stems and seeds. Then I take a raw chicken tenders and season with my favorite seasoning. Usually Natures seasoning. Then I cut them in half. Then I take That round Mexican cheese with the Cow on them. La Vakita and cut some slices about the size of a cheese stick. So I take a Jalapeno half get a half piece of raw seasoned chicken, a piece of the white cheese, Then wrap the whole thing entirely in bacon and use a tooth pick. Then I Grill them until the bacon is done. YUM!

#29 ·
Wack of small pointed end...just enough for OLD School Potato Peeler to fit in..then go a round in circle with peeler while its inserted through hole..clean out pepper...force cream cheese inside pepper...then wrap with bacon...use 2 wooden skewers and slide peppers on...grill over mesquite.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

#32 ·
ABTs....Atomic Buffalo Turds....I use a whole jalepino(biggest I can get) cut in half with a mix of cream cheese, garlic, paprika, chile pwd etc...really what YOU like...Then a Little Smokie on the top of a half....Put back together and wrap with a whole strip of bacon....I precook the peppers till half done as the bacon will crisp before that if fresh/uncooked pepper...Love em....

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.