2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

East bay 12-26-16

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  joecostie 
#1 ·
Launched out of Stingray this morning around 1030 in the morning and headed to a reef about three quarters of a mile SW of Frenchys reef. Got to the reef at around 1115 and began my first drift throwing a top-water but nothing wanted to eat. Switched to a gulp mantis shrimp and caught one sand trout. After making multiple drifts and throwing multiple lures with nothing taking the bait I headed to Frenchys reef. Only making four drifts I caught two more sand trout and decided to run the shore line back to the launch. While heading to the launch, the fog rolled in and visibility dropped to less than a mile in about ten minutes. Found a group of birds working around yates and caught a limit in the last 30 minutes of daylight. All were average size ranging from 14-16 inches with one 18 incher.

weather
77°-71° air temp
61° water temp
SE wind shifting to E wind
overcast to broken cloud cover

water
green to brown off color
outgoing shifting to incoming around noon
good salinity
all trout caught shallow under birds

There is still a lot of shrimp in the bay but hopefully that will change soon and we will be able to key in on mullet.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.