2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Hog Trap in Houston area??

6K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Dockhigh 
#1 ·
where is the best place to buy a trap in the greater Houston area, and do they keep them in stock?

Word on the street is Santa may hook me up with some funds for a trap and I want to make the purchase and take the trap to the lease the last weekend of the season.

#6 ·
Hog Trap

There is a place on the east side of Airline between Canino and Gulf Bank across from the Flea Market that sells hog traps. The owner is a hunter/trapper and he builds feeders and hog traps. He's a good ol timer! In fact he's the one that told me about using 70-90% alcohol to kill the fleas on hogs before you dress them out! His traps are well made and competitively priced. Good luck!

#9 ·
Buy the one from buccee's in Wharton

The buccee's trap is the best. I didnt think it would work but the doors just keep letting pigs in, it is unbelievable. The gander mountain traps suck and can be triggered by raccoons. I have had 11 pigs in this trap 3 times. I dont know how they all can get in there. Here are six from Saturday. I have traped 137 pigs in this since march. There is a place in brookshire next to Steinhauser's that sells them too.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.