Free Mesquite Firewood/30 mi. South of San Antonio - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > TTMB

Notices

Old 07-21-2010, 11:41 PM
PURE SOUTH TEXAS

Bukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to Pirate
Free Mesquite Firewood/30 mi. South of San Antonio

I just trimmed about 6 acres of trees around the house. Bring a truck, trailer, whatever. I also have another 25 acres that I recently mowed and it is full of downed Mesquite. Old, good stuff. Bring some gloves and some Snake Chaps. It is all very accessable. Just thought I would offer before I round it up with my loader forks and Burn it, Burnit all.
South of Pleasanton.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:45 PM
TurnTex Woodworks

MesquiteMan has disabled reputation
bukkskin,

Are any of the trees or any descent size, ie 10" diameter or better? If so, I would be interested in anything in log form. I have a sawmill and would be happy to share in the cut lumber with you if you were interested. I need logs, though.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:57 PM
PURE SOUTH TEXAS

Bukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to Pirate
MM, some of it is pretty big, but I don't know how many I have that are very strait. I can look on friday and let you know. What exactely are you lookin for?
I know we lost quite a few out on the ranch during the last couple of years.

Last edited by Bukkskin; 07-22-2010 at 12:09 AM.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:02 AM
TurnTex Woodworks

MesquiteMan has disabled reputation
I am always looking for mesquite logs! I have a sawmill that I bought years ago mainly just to be able to saw my own mesquite lumber for my own hobby use. To be worth messing with, it needs to be at least 4' long and 10" diameter. Really, if it is short, then it needs to be bigger to make up for the shortness. Ideally, I 14-16" diameter log that is 6' long is perfect with mesquite. It does not have to be completely straight if it is big enough diameter since I will basically be making a square out of it, then cutting it into lumber.

Like I said, if you have something that is worth the effort to come down there to get, I would be more than happy to share the lumber with you. I do not sell lumber and do not sell stuff I make with the lumber. It is simply a hobby for me and stress reliever!

Oh, and I absolutely LOVE mesquite wood! Would never have guessed with my handle, huh?
Old 07-22-2010, 12:08 AM
PURE SOUTH TEXAS

I'll go for a walk with my measuring tape on Friday, gotta go to work tomorrow. Thanks for the interest. I really hate to just burn it all. But I already have a pile that is half as big as my house. 400 sq. ft.

Last edited by Bukkskin; 07-22-2010 at 12:14 AM.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:21 AM
Time to make the Donuts...

Fresh2Salt has been promoted to PirateFresh2Salt has been promoted to PirateFresh2Salt has been promoted to PirateFresh2Salt has been promoted to PirateFresh2Salt has been promoted to PirateFresh2Salt has been promoted to PirateFresh2Salt has been promoted to PirateFresh2Salt has been promoted to PirateFresh2Salt has been promoted to PirateFresh2Salt has been promoted to PirateFresh2Salt has been promoted to Pirate
I'd love to take some of that off your hands...I live in San Antonio and would bring a truck, trailer and lots of help...

Can you PM me your contact info?

Regards...