2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Wading question?

7K views 30 replies 19 participants last post by  richg99 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, I really only started fishing this year. I mainly fished for flounder. Since the flounder are basically done with, what's the best fish to go after right now while wading. I just bought some waders and I wanna try it out. I only go to SWP. Thanks for any tips.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Yes, but Steve, tell them why to get TroutSupport.. and go into some detail.

Herro, Steve's just trying to get you the most information possible in a way that you can learn the most as well. The DVD will show you what you need to look for in the way of finding new spots, and show you what to look for when you are there to actually catch trout or reds. You won't want to wade for trout in SWP... why, because unless you are fishing at night there in the spring and summer under the lights, you're just not going to catch many at all. We love wade fishing and can support you learning a lot faster than the typical learning curve. Steve really has your best interest in mind when he's telling you to get them. And after you do, you're always welcome to call me and ask questions on anything at all. You can call me before you get them to.

tobin

#4 ·
Yes, but Steve, tell them why to get TroutSupport.. and go into some detail.

Herro, Steve's just trying to get you the most information possible in a way that you can learn the most as well. The DVD will show you what you need to look for in the way of finding new spots, and show you what to look for when you are there to actually catch trout or reds. You won't want to wade for trout in SWP... why, because unless you are fishing at night there in the spring and summer under the lights, you're just not going to catch many at all. We love wade fishing and can support you learning a lot faster than the typical learning curve. Steve really has your best interest in mind when he's telling you to get them. And after you do, you're always welcome to call me and ask questions on anything at all. You can call me before you get them to.

tobin
Thank you so much I'll look into it, yeah I was just wondering if it's worth getting the waders out and thanks for clarifying that.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

#14 ·
Trout support is an excellent tool. Couple that with a trip or two with a good teaching kind of guide that knows the area you primarily fish will help you greatly. After that it's all trial and error, remembering and learning from what conditions are and what works and what doesn't ...that's the real fun of fishing

#15 ·
Trout support is an excellent tool. Couple that with a trip or two with a good teaching guide
This is what I personally recommend as well; It's the fastest way to learn and cuts out tons of frustration. When you're in the learning curve there will be some frustration no matter what, but we're hear to help your growth be as fast as possible.

#17 · (Edited)
Other than Flounder there is still Trout and Redfish to be had. Like everyone else and their mother have already said to hire a guide blah blah blah and get Troutsupport. If you can't afford either one atm then try and find someone in your local area that would be willing to teach you for a case of beer and a pack of smokes. Look for bait, fish drop offs, vary your retrieve until you find out what they like for that given day. Some days you can catch a limit within 30 minutes and the next day you could go to the same spot, same conditions, same time and not get a single hit. Shuffle your feet to try and avoid getting stuck by stingrays. Hopefully you have a light rod and reel setup for long days wading to not tire yourself out too quickly.

#23 ·
I am still waiting for Tobin to come out with his Flounder Fishing Video!!!!!!!

C'mon Tobin, we are waiting!!!!! LOL
Plan is to have it ready this fall somehow. Still working on tech stuff with the other 2 products and as soon as they are out i'll hit the Flounder DVD hard.

Did JimD Put you up to this ;-)

#26 ·
Jim Swanson wrote me this in an email yesterday.

"I have fished my entire life, offshore, inshore salt, and fresh, and nothing has been more exhilarating than spotting, stalking, presenting and connecting to a tailing redfish in the marsh. Thanks to your DVD I feel like I now have good knowledge about how to execute and places in the marsh to locate the fish."

#27 ·
And 2 new positive reviews came in yesterday,

Estevan Z.
★★★★★
Redfish- Marsh & Grass flats (shallow)
Very informative. A must have for any angler trying to expand there knowledge in fishing.

Mark C.
★★★★★
Finding & Catching Specs
Tobin, Great video, I purchased this for my 22 yr. & 20 yr. old sons for Christmas and we have watched it twice. We have not had the time to put your techniques into action as work & Holliday's have been in the way. We have been SW fishing since the they were 5 and it was great to compare what we already knew and what the video has thought us. Can't wait to get out there and I will keep you posted. Best regards & thanks so much for the follow up. Mark Cooley

You are welcome guys, glad we can be a part of it.
t

#28 · (Edited)
And another note was posted on a different forum.

"Been on the board a little while and finally felt compelled to contribute. I caught my first sight casted tailing Redfish from a Kayak a couple of weeks ago and man, what an exhilarating feeling. I owe a large part of that to Trout Support- Shallow Redfish DVD but that is not what compels me to write. It is the customer service/support from Tobin himself. I have watched the videos long enough to put some of the principles into action(with positive results) that I felt I could ask some questions to fill in the blanks, so to speak. As advertised, not only did Tobin answer my questions quickly, graciously and in detail, he also gave me additional info that I did not ask for but that he knew I would need for the rest of it to make sense and come together. Best money I have spent in my 45 years of saltwater fishing". - from screen name JPS

#29 ·
You are starting trouble talking about how much Tobin has been fishing and Posting here. I promised Tobin I would not pick on him too much with all that is going on but..

You are right. "Get to work Tobin." ;) How about a utube on the flounder dvd or some clips of big trout from the trout or red fish cuts or some how to work suspending twitch baits since that seems to be a good topic on the board.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.