2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Tagged Red Lost by Chickenboy

4K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  spitfire 
#1 ·
Today a tagged red broke my line off above the popping cork near the mouth of the diversionary canal in Jones Lake on the Bayou Vista side. The tagged red snapped the line just as I set the hook. My son and I, 30 minutes later saw the cork floating and bobbing and we went after it. We attempted 7 swipes at it (we got that close) but everytime the tagged red went under deeper and got away. It was just like the movie Jaws. Finally the popping cork and the tagged red was no where to be seen. We went back to the location 2 additional times.

In the event you see my popping cork and are able to catch it. I would like my popping cork back because it was my favorite popping cork. You can keep the red, the truck, and the boat.

#7 ·
Fishin' Fool said:
Would it still be legal catch if you scooped em up with a net? Do not know if that would pass the rule book as a legal catch. I think I would look for that cork and throw another bait in front of him.
Hmmmmm..... What if you snagged (caught) the cork, then dragged (fought) the fish to the net? I know.... It probably wouldnt fly, but it does give me something to ponder while I sit here at work wishin instead of fishin.

#8 · (Edited)
according to the dictionary

"caught" is a transitive verb of the word "catch"

by definition "catch" is defined as

transitive verb1 a: to capture or seize especially after pursuit <catch a thief> b: to take or entangle in or as if in a snare <catch fish in a net>

don't know how TPW defines it

#11 ·
Found It!

Hey Chickenboy,

I found your setup. No red was attached so sorry about your truck and boat. I will gladly give you your popping cork back but I want a reward. Actually, just seeing the look on your face when you are reunited is reward enough for me! I have your whole rig, can and all!

Good luck catching that red again! You know, you must have eagle eyes because most folks don't see those tags until they get to the cleaning table.

Good fishing,

FC

Attachments

#12 ·
FishinChick© said:
Hey Chickenboy,

I found your setup. No red was attached so sorry about your truck and boat. I will gladly give you your popping cork back but I want a reward. Actually, just seeing the look on your face when you are reunited is reward enough for me! I have your whole rig, can and all!

Good luck catching that red again! You know, you must have eagle eyes because most folks don't see those tags until they get to the cleaning table.

Good fishing,

FC
LOL ... that pic is ..you got it .. PRICELESS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.