De-escalation = fish - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 04-17-2017, 09:40 AM   #1
dawntreader
Registered Users-pm+

dawntreader is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
De-escalation = fish

Thought I'd share my Easter wade fishing experience with you guys...Upon arriving at a favorite wade fishing spot by truck I tucked in off the dirt road to not impede anyone from using the road. While most of the vehicles were parked high and dry, there was one truck parked on a spit of dry sand with no way out but to drive through the water to get out. I waded out in a direction I could play the wind to allow for the best lure placement within the guts, cuts, etc. I was over a hundred feet away when I heard yelling coming from the shoreline. I could barely make out the guy was yelling at me to move my truck. I yelled back that the truck was not in his way, go look. He kept yelling and I yelled back once more that the road was clear. His yelling continued so I decided I'd just ignore him and keep fishing, he'd figure it out. Then he yells "I ain't playing with you" and pops off three gun shot rounds. That got my attention. I started walking back, fishing the soft mud bottom as I went, not wanting to lose fishing time. The going was slow through the mud and I decided to instead head up towards the hard packed sand to make faster headway. When I got to within 30' of him I calmly and in a normal tone asked him if he could hear me now. He confirmed. I told him again that the way was clear and emphasized with his concerns, but shooting off rounds was a bit extreme. After a short civil discussion we parted, wishing each other a good day. Wading back off the hard pack sand and casting towards the soft mud I promptly caught a 24" redfish and a 20" trout. Nice ending to what could have otherwise been. For me, confirmation of the benefits of de-escalation.
dawntreader is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2017, 09:45 AM   #2
Txgcfishing
Registered Users-pm+

Txgcfishing has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieTxgcfishing has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieTxgcfishing has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieTxgcfishing has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieTxgcfishing has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieTxgcfishing has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieTxgcfishing has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieTxgcfishing has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieTxgcfishing has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieTxgcfishing has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieTxgcfishing has been promoted to the rank of Swabbie
Glad it all worked out!!
Txgcfishing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2017, 11:28 AM   #3
sharkinaggie07
Registered Users-pm+

sharkinaggie07 has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie07 has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie07 has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie07 has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie07 has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie07 has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie07 has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie07 has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie07 has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie07 has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie07 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawntreader View Post
Thought I'd share my Easter wade fishing experience with you guys...Upon arriving at a favorite wade fishing spot by truck I tucked in off the dirt road to not impede anyone from using the road. While most of the vehicles were parked high and dry, there was one truck parked on a spit of dry sand with no way out but to drive through the water to get out. I waded out in a direction I could play the wind to allow for the best lure placement within the guts, cuts, etc. I was over a hundred feet away when I heard yelling coming from the shoreline. I could barely make out the guy was yelling at me to move my truck. I yelled back that the truck was not in his way, go look. He kept yelling and I yelled back once more that the road was clear. His yelling continued so I decided I'd just ignore him and keep fishing, he'd figure it out. Then he yells "I ain't playing with you" and pops off three gun shot rounds. That got my attention. I started walking back, fishing the soft mud bottom as I went, not wanting to lose fishing time. The going was slow through the mud and I decided to instead head up towards the hard packed sand to make faster headway. When I got to within 30' of him I calmly and in a normal tone asked him if he could hear me now. He confirmed. I told him again that the way was clear and emphasized with his concerns, but shooting off rounds was a bit extreme. After a short civil discussion we parted, wishing each other a good day. Wading back off the hard pack sand and casting towards the soft mud I promptly caught a 24" redfish and a 20" trout. Nice ending to what could have otherwise been. For me, confirmation of the benefits of de-escalation.
I am glad it worked out as well. However, I would have called the police on his dumbass for sure. I am all for gun ownership and own quite a few my self but there is no excuse for that type of behavior. Idiots like that ruin it for all of us.

Just my 0.02 on this Monday morning!

-SA
sharkinaggie07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2017, 12:26 PM   #4
snapperlicious
Registered Users-pm+

snapperlicious has been promoted to Piratesnapperlicious has been promoted to Piratesnapperlicious has been promoted to Piratesnapperlicious has been promoted to Piratesnapperlicious has been promoted to Piratesnapperlicious has been promoted to Piratesnapperlicious has been promoted to Piratesnapperlicious has been promoted to Piratesnapperlicious has been promoted to Piratesnapperlicious has been promoted to Piratesnapperlicious has been promoted to Pirate
What a clown. Yeah I would have called the police for sure. No need for that kind of bs on the water. If he fired out rounds just for that I'm sure he's willing to go further if you really **** him off.
snapperlicious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2017, 12:37 PM   #5
BATWING
Registered Users-pm+

BATWING has been promoted to PirateBATWING has been promoted to PirateBATWING has been promoted to PirateBATWING has been promoted to PirateBATWING has been promoted to PirateBATWING has been promoted to PirateBATWING has been promoted to PirateBATWING has been promoted to PirateBATWING has been promoted to PirateBATWING has been promoted to PirateBATWING has been promoted to Pirate
Sounds like a guy that should not own firearms and pretty ballsy of you to nonchalantly walk back to an all around bad situation. Glad it turned out for you.
BATWING is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2017, 12:38 PM   #6
troutsupport

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
Yeah, call the cops if you have your phone on you. It's getting crazy out there.

So what did he do.. did he drive around you? or just leave?
troutsupport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2017, 01:38 PM   #7
stumpgrinder3
Registered Users-pm+

stumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Pirate
He deserved a trip to jail
stumpgrinder3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2017, 05:03 PM   #8
bonkers
Registered Users-pm+

bonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Pirate
I owuld not have hesitated.I would have called the police from where I was standing in the water and tell them that he was shooting at me! Do you know how fast more than one police unit would show up?! I would keep fishing until they arrived and then make my way back to him to laugh at his dumbass, THEN throw a line out and catch what you di. THAT is the way I would have done it.
Well done though for doing a good deed and maybe calming down someone unstable.
bonkers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2017, 05:40 PM   #9
thinshavings
Registered Users-pm+

thinshavings has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiethinshavings has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiethinshavings has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiethinshavings has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiethinshavings has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiethinshavings has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiethinshavings has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiethinshavings has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiethinshavings has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiethinshavings has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiethinshavings has been promoted to the rank of Swabbie
That dumb ***** buba deserved a trip to the big house.
He owes you one.
thinshavings is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2017, 05:58 PM   #10
RockportRobert
Registered Users-pm+

RockportRobert has been promoted to PirateRockportRobert has been promoted to PirateRockportRobert has been promoted to PirateRockportRobert has been promoted to PirateRockportRobert has been promoted to PirateRockportRobert has been promoted to PirateRockportRobert has been promoted to PirateRockportRobert has been promoted to PirateRockportRobert has been promoted to PirateRockportRobert has been promoted to PirateRockportRobert has been promoted to Pirate
You don't play around with guns. Welcome to the show!
RockportRobert is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message