Stradic C14+ reviews? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 04-12-2017, 09:54 PM   #1
rmp
Registered Users-pm+

rmp has been promoted to Piratermp has been promoted to Piratermp has been promoted to Piratermp has been promoted to Piratermp has been promoted to Piratermp has been promoted to Piratermp has been promoted to Piratermp has been promoted to Piratermp has been promoted to Piratermp has been promoted to Piratermp has been promoted to Pirate
Stradic C14+ reviews?

You guys that are using them have any thoughts you'd like to share?
rmp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2017, 10:18 PM   #2
aktxla
Registered Users-pm+

aktxla has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)aktxla has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)aktxla has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)aktxla has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)aktxla has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)aktxla has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)aktxla has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)aktxla has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)aktxla has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)aktxla has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)aktxla has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
I've been using Stradics exclusively now for about 5 years and have found them to be excellent. I have one C14 and while it is a great reel I'm not convinced it is worth the extra money - but it is light!!
aktxla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2017, 10:36 PM   #3
johnsons1480
Registered Users-pm+

johnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Pirate
I've had 2 for about a year. I've never owned a better spinning reel, but to be honest I haven't owned that many. I also have 2 regular Stradics. The only noticeable difference to me is the weight, as far as casting and reeling they seem like the same thing to me. They also look way cooler imo, which isn't very important to me but it's a factor. Overall I like the CI4+ better.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
johnsons1480 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2017, 10:54 PM   #4
Lexy1
Registered Users-pm+

Lexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to Pirate
Stradic has been a WELL KNOWN spinning model for Shimano for years ...
Stradic Ci4 came out few years ago along with FI models. 2500 is the most popular size for inshore fishing.
It has three generations (ci4 2500F, ci4+ 2500FA, ci4+ 2500FB) now. I have all three.
1) Ci4 2500F is a big improvement from the FI because of its weight and smoothness.
2) Ci4+ 2500FA is a big improvement from the first gen and is the one I like most out of three. It's very light and has strong drag. I pulled in a bull red (32") using that reel with a sufix832 20lb braid without any issue.
3) Ci4+ 2500FB has slick design, little smoother and lighter. I do not like the holes in the spool. It makes the water (specially salt) easy to get inside the shaft and body which will cause issue. And Shimano jacked up the price on this latest model as well.
Lexy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2017, 10:25 AM   #5
Bull Red
Spending way too much time on 2Cool

Bull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to Pirate
I have the 2500FH, 3000FJ, 3000FK, 2500FB Ci4+ and I like them all. The Ci4+ is the lightest and best looking. The FK is a beast! And the FJ is a Cadillac. I've tried other spinning reels and none are as nice as the Stradic imho.
Bull Red is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2017, 11:45 AM   #6
bigjordy01
Registered Users-pm+

bigjordy01 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I love my Ci4, I have the 2500 on a Med/Light rod i set up[ initially for wading and throwing lures to trout. I have been super impressed with the way it can handle big reds and have not had any problems with it at all. Plus, as a Red Raider, the black and red are super appealing.
bigjordy01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2017, 12:16 PM   #7
wiznut
Registered Users-pm+

wiznut has been promoted to Piratewiznut has been promoted to Piratewiznut has been promoted to Piratewiznut has been promoted to Piratewiznut has been promoted to Piratewiznut has been promoted to Piratewiznut has been promoted to Piratewiznut has been promoted to Piratewiznut has been promoted to Piratewiznut has been promoted to Piratewiznut has been promoted to Pirate
I picked up a new 2500FB ci4+ recently. The only thing that I don't like is every one I tried in store had a lot of play in the main gear, which could be felt in the handle. Ended up adding one more shim on the gear and it tightened it up nicely. Googling around has shown this to be a common theme among the new FB models.
wiznut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2017, 01:19 PM   #8
TheSamarai
Registered Users-pm+

TheSamarai has been promoted to PirateTheSamarai has been promoted to PirateTheSamarai has been promoted to PirateTheSamarai has been promoted to PirateTheSamarai has been promoted to PirateTheSamarai has been promoted to PirateTheSamarai has been promoted to PirateTheSamarai has been promoted to PirateTheSamarai has been promoted to PirateTheSamarai has been promoted to PirateTheSamarai has been promoted to Pirate
i have 1 ci4 3000 and 2 ci4 3000+. Best spinning reel on the market. Makes my older stradics feel like a brick. 3000 fishing for 2 years the 3000+ one year with no porblems.
TheSamarai is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2017, 06:16 PM   #9
rmp
Registered Users-pm+

rmp has been promoted to Piratermp has been promoted to Piratermp has been promoted to Piratermp has been promoted to Piratermp has been promoted to Piratermp has been promoted to Piratermp has been promoted to Piratermp has been promoted to Piratermp has been promoted to Piratermp has been promoted to Piratermp has been promoted to Pirate
Thanks for the replies. I am looking hard at a 3000. Good to hear real life experiences.
rmp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2017, 07:31 PM   #10
russcue1
Registered Users-pm+

russcue1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrusscue1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrusscue1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrusscue1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrusscue1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrusscue1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrusscue1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrusscue1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrusscue1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrusscue1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrusscue1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
I have 3 of them in 3000/4000 sizes and love them. Smooth and light and great for all day casting. The 3000 matched with a loomis E6X medium 7 foot 8-14 pound rod is the best spinning combo I've ever owned. Pricey combo but well worth it.
russcue1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message