Shrimp size in Corpus Christi - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 04-12-2017, 02:00 PM   #1
ToddyTrout
Registered Users-pm+

ToddyTrout has been promoted to PirateToddyTrout has been promoted to PirateToddyTrout has been promoted to PirateToddyTrout has been promoted to PirateToddyTrout has been promoted to PirateToddyTrout has been promoted to PirateToddyTrout has been promoted to PirateToddyTrout has been promoted to PirateToddyTrout has been promoted to PirateToddyTrout has been promoted to PirateToddyTrout has been promoted to Pirate
Shrimp size in Corpus Christi

I'm headed down to fish the Laguna this weekend with the family, and we will be fishing with live shrimp. I was just wondering if anyone down there has an idea of how big the bait shrimp are right now?
ToddyTrout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2017, 03:34 PM   #2
huntfish2011
Get to the Rocks!

huntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Pirate
I went the weekend before last and they were the perfect size, not to big and not to small.
huntfish2011 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2017, 03:40 PM   #3
ToddyTrout
Registered Users-pm+

ToddyTrout has been promoted to PirateToddyTrout has been promoted to PirateToddyTrout has been promoted to PirateToddyTrout has been promoted to PirateToddyTrout has been promoted to PirateToddyTrout has been promoted to PirateToddyTrout has been promoted to PirateToddyTrout has been promoted to PirateToddyTrout has been promoted to PirateToddyTrout has been promoted to PirateToddyTrout has been promoted to Pirate
Thanks for the reply, I know that this time of year they can sometimes be very small. I was just wondering if I will need to buy by the piece or by the quart. If they are the size you're referring to, I will buy by the piece.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:54 PM   #4
gotmuddy
Registered Users-pm+

gotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddyTrout View Post
Thanks for the reply, I know that this time of year they can sometimes be very small. I was just wondering if I will need to buy by the piece or by the quart. If they are the size you're referring to, I will buy by the piece.
most places in texas sell by the quart. In louisiana its by the piece and its way more expensive.
gotmuddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2017, 04:29 PM   #5
ToddyTrout
Registered Users-pm+

In Corpus most bait camps have sold by the piece since the early 70's. If shrimp are big it's waaaay cheaper to by by the piece and you usually get better shrimp. If the shrimp are small you get more by the quart.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:37 PM   #6
gotmuddy
Registered Users-pm+

gotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddyTrout View Post
In Corpus most bait camps have sold by the piece since the early 70's. If shrimp are big it's waaaay cheaper to by by the piece and you usually get better shrimp. If the shrimp are small you get more by the quart.
I apologize, I was used to fishing in matagorda/sargent as a kid in the 90s. it may be different there now as well. How much are they there? in LA they were .25 each and it seemed like highway robbery.
gotmuddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2017, 05:16 PM   #7
ToddyTrout
Registered Users-pm+

I haven't bought shrimp in Corpus since last July and they were .17 a piece and most of them were really big. A quart of shrimp was 20.00. You only get about 65 shrimp in a quart when they are big like that and you can buy 100 shrimp for 17.00 if you buy by the piece. Plus, it's been my experience that when the person is counting shrimp they tend to pick the larger ones because they are easier to count.
Old 04-12-2017, 05:40 PM   #8
loco4fishn
Registered Users-pm+

loco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirate
Texasflag4

At the bait bucket they sell them for 20cents a piece. Lately they have been about 80% jumbo and the rest kinda mid to small. They are real close to where I stay so I always stop there. I will be down there tomorrow though Sunday fishing the Laguna also. Good luck.
loco4fishn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message