San luis pass car bodies, East or West?? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 08-03-2009, 09:23 AM   #1
FlatCrazee
Nautic Star 2400 TE

FlatCrazee has been promoted to the rank of RiggerFlatCrazee has been promoted to the rank of RiggerFlatCrazee has been promoted to the rank of RiggerFlatCrazee has been promoted to the rank of RiggerFlatCrazee has been promoted to the rank of RiggerFlatCrazee has been promoted to the rank of RiggerFlatCrazee has been promoted to the rank of RiggerFlatCrazee has been promoted to the rank of RiggerFlatCrazee has been promoted to the rank of RiggerFlatCrazee has been promoted to the rank of RiggerFlatCrazee has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
San luis pass car bodies, East or West??

Hey I have been told the car bodies at San Luis Pass are East of the Bridge by the water tower and West of the Bridge out from the house on the point on the West side of the Pass.. Which is it ? or both?

As with information that gets passed around it gets a little confusing...thanks in advance to those who have been there and really know...
FlatCrazee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2009, 09:35 AM   #2
JimmyS
Registered Users-pm+

JimmyS has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)JimmyS has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)JimmyS has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)JimmyS has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)JimmyS has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)JimmyS has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)JimmyS has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)JimmyS has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)JimmyS has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)JimmyS has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)JimmyS has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Flag

The car bodies I know of are WEST of SLP. And aren't much more than a bump in the sand now. They have been there too long.
JimmyS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2009, 09:49 AM   #3
Hard Head
Registered Users-pm+

Hard Head has been promoted to PirateHard Head has been promoted to PirateHard Head has been promoted to PirateHard Head has been promoted to PirateHard Head has been promoted to PirateHard Head has been promoted to PirateHard Head has been promoted to PirateHard Head has been promoted to PirateHard Head has been promoted to PirateHard Head has been promoted to PirateHard Head has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyS View Post
The car bodies I know of are WEST of SLP. And aren't much more than a bump in the sand now. They have been there too long.
Exactly
Hard Head is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2009, 03:20 PM   #4
tec
Registered Users-pm+

tec has been promoted to Piratetec has been promoted to Piratetec has been promoted to Piratetec has been promoted to Piratetec has been promoted to Piratetec has been promoted to Piratetec has been promoted to Piratetec has been promoted to Piratetec has been promoted to Piratetec has been promoted to Piratetec has been promoted to Pirate
Maybe they should replace them with some Cash For Clunkers cars. Clunkers For Lunkers. That's a stimulus plan I could agree with.
tec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2009, 03:51 PM   #5
royboy42
Registered Users-pm+

royboy42 has been promoted to Pirateroyboy42 has been promoted to Pirateroyboy42 has been promoted to Pirateroyboy42 has been promoted to Pirateroyboy42 has been promoted to Pirateroyboy42 has been promoted to Pirateroyboy42 has been promoted to Pirateroyboy42 has been promoted to Pirateroyboy42 has been promoted to Pirateroyboy42 has been promoted to Pirateroyboy42 has been promoted to Pirate
I used to fish that area quite often, especially a few years ago when the pier had been destroyed and was down for a year or so. That whole shoreline where pier was and then back around as it turns back into the reg beach front was awesome. Used to be some excellent fishing when water was right. One of the biggest trout I have ever seen was caught in the surf on freeport side about 20 yds from where the concrete slab was in front of that beach house. Guy was using croakers and landed a 30" trout that looked pretty thick, just an awesome fish. Said he wasnt in the STAR tourn though..(first thing I asked!) bummer.
royboy42 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2009, 04:01 PM   #6
9121SS
Wish the hull of my boat was wet!

9121SS has been promoted to Pirate9121SS has been promoted to Pirate9121SS has been promoted to Pirate9121SS has been promoted to Pirate9121SS has been promoted to Pirate9121SS has been promoted to Pirate9121SS has been promoted to Pirate9121SS has been promoted to Pirate9121SS has been promoted to Pirate9121SS has been promoted to Pirate9121SS has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by tec View Post
Maybe they should replace them with some Cash For Clunkers cars. Clunkers For Lunkers. That's a stimulus plan I could agree with.

LOL... X2
9121SS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2009, 11:28 AM   #7
Reef Builder
Registered Users-pm+

Reef Builder is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
You are right they are little more than a lump on the sea bed. Do not look for anything else to be put there soon. TPWD will not reef autos due to the hazardous materials used in their construction. TPWD's material of choice is used culverts. They have a huge stck pile of these but little funding to deploy them. In a recent meeting I attended CCA expressed interest in helping to fund the deployment of these. They way to get this done is by letting your voice be heard. I build roughly 4 to 6 artificial reefs a year through the Texas Rigs to Reefs program and would be glad to relay any comments to TPWD.
Reef Builder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2017, 01:20 PM   #8
Capt. Josh Smith
Registered Users-pm+

Capt. Josh Smith is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
West of SLP. Just out of the house on the point is the only one I have heard of.
Capt. Josh Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2017, 09:44 AM   #9
D HOGG
Registered Users-pm+

D HOGG has been promoted to PirateD HOGG has been promoted to PirateD HOGG has been promoted to PirateD HOGG has been promoted to PirateD HOGG has been promoted to PirateD HOGG has been promoted to PirateD HOGG has been promoted to PirateD HOGG has been promoted to PirateD HOGG has been promoted to PirateD HOGG has been promoted to PirateD HOGG has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatCrazee View Post
Hey I have been told the car bodies at San Luis Pass are East of the Bridge by the water tower and West of the Bridge out from the house on the point on the West side of the Pass.. Which is it ? or both?

As with information that gets passed around it gets a little confusing...thanks in advance to those who have been there and really know...

There's a better chance of the Texans finding a quarterback than you finding the car bodies. They are long long long gone ....!
D HOGG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2017, 11:47 AM   #10
planohog
Registered Users-pm+

planohog has been promoted to Pirateplanohog has been promoted to Pirateplanohog has been promoted to Pirateplanohog has been promoted to Pirateplanohog has been promoted to Pirateplanohog has been promoted to Pirateplanohog has been promoted to Pirateplanohog has been promoted to Pirateplanohog has been promoted to Pirateplanohog has been promoted to Pirateplanohog has been promoted to Pirate
There is an old reef site where there were cuvlerts and other things placed
in the mid-late 60's I have looked and looked for it with exact coordinates.
its down in the mud now , really nothing to see there . I turned the sensitiviy up, way up and still did not find it. I hear it was right at 11 miles heading 180
from 61street peir.
planohog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message