Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 04-11-2017, 08:30 PM   #1
BullyARed
Registered Users-pm+

BullyARed has disabled reputation
Do you wear wader when on a boat?

Do you think it is dangerous? If you fall into the water, the water will fill the wader and it will drown you!
BullyARed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2017, 08:34 PM   #2
TexasRenegade
"On the Run"

TexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to Pirate
If it's chilly out I'm in my waders. I also always wear my life jacket and kill switch when moving.
TexasRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2017, 08:40 PM   #3
Im Headed South
Registered Users-pm+

Im Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to Pirate
I recommend wearing the belt that came with your waders and have tight, it will keep you from filling them up or at the least delay the process greatly.
Im Headed South is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2017, 08:51 PM   #4
Capt.ChrisO

Capt.ChrisO has been promoted to PirateCapt.ChrisO has been promoted to PirateCapt.ChrisO has been promoted to PirateCapt.ChrisO has been promoted to PirateCapt.ChrisO has been promoted to PirateCapt.ChrisO has been promoted to PirateCapt.ChrisO has been promoted to PirateCapt.ChrisO has been promoted to PirateCapt.ChrisO has been promoted to PirateCapt.ChrisO has been promoted to PirateCapt.ChrisO has been promoted to Pirate
Very dangerous! I'm the idiot who might drown because I put my waders on before leaving the dock, and I wear a life jacket. Unfortunately, I/you will never get boots and waders off in time. I recommend my customer not put their waders on until we get to the 1st location.
Capt.ChrisO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2017, 09:00 PM   #5
lazuras_dc
Registered Users-pm+

lazuras_dc has been promoted to the rank of Bosunlazuras_dc has been promoted to the rank of Bosunlazuras_dc has been promoted to the rank of Bosunlazuras_dc has been promoted to the rank of Bosunlazuras_dc has been promoted to the rank of Bosunlazuras_dc has been promoted to the rank of Bosunlazuras_dc has been promoted to the rank of Bosunlazuras_dc has been promoted to the rank of Bosunlazuras_dc has been promoted to the rank of Bosunlazuras_dc has been promoted to the rank of Bosunlazuras_dc has been promoted to the rank of Bosun
This video shows otherwise... he takes his PFD off at the end to show you don't drown...

Of course always advised to wear PFD and kill switch. You can't swim if you are unconscious!
lazuras_dc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2017, 09:14 PM   #6
Salty Dog
Registered Users-pm+

Salty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to Pirate
If you end up in the water and panic you are going to have issues. But the idea that waders will drag you down and drown you is incorrect. I've filled up a few pairs of waders in my day and it just doesn't work that way. Now, when you try to get out of the water with full waders you'll have the issue of all the weight of the water in the waders making it real difficult to get back in the boat. But it won't pull you down and drown you while you are in the water. There are plenty of videos on the internet to back this up. The key is to not freak out and panic. When I have filled up waders and needed to get back in the boat I just undo them and turn them inside out down to my knees and then hop/climb in the boat. After I get in the boat then I take off the wading shoes and waders. It isn't a graceful thing but I never had a problem getting back in the boat.

I wear them in the boat anytime I am wadefishing. I don't worry about it.
Salty Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2017, 10:39 PM   #7
EJ@TSFMag
Registered Users-pm+

EJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to Pirate
The best way to learn what will happen - buoyancy and such if you fill your waders - is to dress as though you were about to get in the water and go wade fishing but get in a swimming pool and purposely fill your waders. I have done this. Photographed and published the results. You will be amazed. Sinking and drowning will be much harder than you might imagine. Swimming in breathable waders completely filled with water is actually surprisingly easy. The "heaviness" does not become noticable until you try to get out of the water.
EJ@TSFMag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2017, 10:41 PM   #8
dk2429
Pro life, pro gun, Trump 2016

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Headed South View Post
I recommend wearing the belt that came with your waders and have tight, it will keep you from filling them up or at the least delay the process greatly.
Call me stupid... But I had no clue that was the purpose of that belt...
dk2429 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2017, 11:01 PM   #9
GoneSouth
Registered Users-pm+

GoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to Pirate
It looks like wader fit and type, I.e baggy duck hunting waters could affect the result somewhat. I agree. Test yourself in a pool so you are prepared.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
GoneSouth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2017, 07:48 AM   #10
Salty_UH
WHOSE HOUSE? COOGS HOUSE!

Salty_UH has been promoted to PirateSalty_UH has been promoted to PirateSalty_UH has been promoted to PirateSalty_UH has been promoted to PirateSalty_UH has been promoted to PirateSalty_UH has been promoted to PirateSalty_UH has been promoted to PirateSalty_UH has been promoted to PirateSalty_UH has been promoted to PirateSalty_UH has been promoted to PirateSalty_UH has been promoted to Pirate
completely depends on weather, if cold enough waders on all day...and i agree with all other posts, sounds silly and your kids will get a kick out of it...but put on your gear and hope in the pool....best advice for safety is to be prepared and the pool trick will help you understand what will happen in the case you end up hat first in the water
Salty_UH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message