West Bay - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 04-11-2017, 04:33 PM   #1
txfb
Registered Users-pm+

txfb is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)txfb is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)txfb is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)txfb is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)txfb is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)txfb is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)txfb is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)txfb is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)txfb is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)txfb is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
West Bay

Hello guys
I need some advice. I am used to fishing the Baffin Bay area but had some free time later this week and figured I would try Galveston Bay. I have fished East Bay several times but haven't heard any good reports from that area recently. I was planning on putting in at Fat Boy's.

Are Green Lake and Karankawa Lake accessible by boat?
Any advice is greatly appreciated.
txfb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2017, 04:54 PM   #2
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
Accessible by what kind of boat?
sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2017, 04:58 PM   #3
dk2429
Pro life, pro gun, Trump 2016

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
I get into Greens just fine, but I've never ventured up into Karankawa. Depends what kind of boat your in
dk2429 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2017, 07:52 PM   #4
texasred
Registered Users-pm+

texasred has been promoted to Piratetexasred has been promoted to Piratetexasred has been promoted to Piratetexasred has been promoted to Piratetexasred has been promoted to Piratetexasred has been promoted to Piratetexasred has been promoted to Piratetexasred has been promoted to Piratetexasred has been promoted to Piratetexasred has been promoted to Piratetexasred has been promoted to Pirate
Yeah all depends on the boat. I fish greens in my blue wave as long as the tides are average. I have no plans to ever try the other lake.
texasred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2017, 08:32 PM   #5
txfb
Registered Users-pm+

txfb is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)txfb is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)txfb is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)txfb is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)txfb is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)txfb is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)txfb is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)txfb is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)txfb is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)txfb is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I have a 24ft. Center console. No jackplate.

It drafts probably 18-20".
txfb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2017, 08:51 PM   #6
Big Bay
Registered Users-pm+

Big Bay has been promoted to the rank of RiggerBig Bay has been promoted to the rank of RiggerBig Bay has been promoted to the rank of RiggerBig Bay has been promoted to the rank of RiggerBig Bay has been promoted to the rank of RiggerBig Bay has been promoted to the rank of RiggerBig Bay has been promoted to the rank of RiggerBig Bay has been promoted to the rank of RiggerBig Bay has been promoted to the rank of RiggerBig Bay has been promoted to the rank of RiggerBig Bay has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
I wouldn't try carcanchua unless you trolling motored in or idled and studied google earth before hand lots of reefs In there but doable. Greens isn't much of a problem on a normal tide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Bay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2017, 09:26 PM   #7
jd.marshall
Registered Users-pm+

jd.marshall is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Caranchua is littered with reefs in the entrance. I wouldn't try and learn it in a 24'CC. Look at 2011 Google earth FYI
jd.marshall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2017, 10:37 PM   #8
dk2429
Pro life, pro gun, Trump 2016

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
Yeah on a normal tide you can get into greens. Just when you come into the lake, make sure you are in the middle. Don't try to cut the corners into it from the ICW. Karankawa though I would stay away from in that boat
dk2429 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2017, 08:22 AM   #9
Bird
No fish in West Bay

Bird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to Pirate
How familiar are you with that end of West Gbay and getting from Fat Boys to either West bay proper and or the ICW? From Fat Boys to the ICW with that boat hug the pier going out from Fat boys, stay relatively close to the piers along Jones lake road until you get to the Tiki bridge. From there it is easy to get to the ICW and down the ditch to Greens and Caranchua. If you want to run Jones lake to the ICW in your boat, have some one show you or study your map and trust your chartplotter. Jones is shallow and there are reefs all over the place. There is a channel on the charts and maps that runs through the reefs to the ICW. I've run a 36 Contender through there but that is my backyard.
Bird is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2017, 09:54 AM   #10
troutsupport

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
With a 24 cc and no jackplate I would not.. You could probably idle all the way in and back out but I don't think you'll have enough water to get back on plane / holeshot.
troutsupport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message