Commercial Oyster Boats in East Matagorda - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 04-09-2017, 08:21 PM   #1
KeithR
Registered Users-pm+

KeithR has been promoted to PirateKeithR has been promoted to PirateKeithR has been promoted to PirateKeithR has been promoted to PirateKeithR has been promoted to PirateKeithR has been promoted to PirateKeithR has been promoted to PirateKeithR has been promoted to PirateKeithR has been promoted to PirateKeithR has been promoted to PirateKeithR has been promoted to Pirate
Commercial Oyster Boats in East Matagorda

I fished East Matagorda over the weekend and witnessed dozens of Oyster boats in the bay. These guys were ganged up on top of all the beds on the West end of the bay. At the end of the day I saw boats packed to the top with sacks of oysters. I doubt there will be much left once they are done. I heard state congressman Bonnen has a target on them after what these jackasses did to Christmas Bay. The beds were totally destroyed. I am not sure those guys give a flip about the resource.
KeithR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2017, 09:28 PM   #2
Im Headed South
Registered Users-pm+

Im Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to Pirate
They don't care about anything but the money, folks need to call their representatives in support of House Bill 51. Check out the last several pages on this thread if haven't read it yet.

http://www.2coolfishing.com/ttmbforu....php?t=2212625

More reading here,
http://www.baycitysentinel.com/artic...s-mike-reddell
Im Headed South is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2017, 09:45 PM   #3
Bayscout22
***, Over?

Bayscout22 has been promoted to PirateBayscout22 has been promoted to PirateBayscout22 has been promoted to PirateBayscout22 has been promoted to PirateBayscout22 has been promoted to PirateBayscout22 has been promoted to PirateBayscout22 has been promoted to PirateBayscout22 has been promoted to PirateBayscout22 has been promoted to PirateBayscout22 has been promoted to PirateBayscout22 has been promoted to Pirate
We have been invaded. By who, I don't know.

We have a place under the bridge and the same half dozen or so boats have unloaded oysters in our cove for years. Never mind that they are all illegals. This year there is the usual gang unloading in our cove, one group unloading under the bridge on the south side of the ICW, and one group by the little bridge on cemetery road.

This is a straight up gang rape.
Bayscout22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2017, 09:46 PM   #4
cdouglas
Registered Users-pm+

cdouglas is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
How was the fishing in East Matagorda this weekend?
cdouglas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2017, 09:54 PM   #5
Harbormaster
To Endeavor to Persevere

Harbormaster has been promoted to PirateHarbormaster has been promoted to PirateHarbormaster has been promoted to PirateHarbormaster has been promoted to PirateHarbormaster has been promoted to PirateHarbormaster has been promoted to PirateHarbormaster has been promoted to PirateHarbormaster has been promoted to PirateHarbormaster has been promoted to PirateHarbormaster has been promoted to PirateHarbormaster has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
I fished East Matagorda over the weekend and witnessed dozens of Oyster boats in the bay. These guys were ganged up on top of all the beds on the West end of the bay. At the end of the day I saw boats packed to the top with sacks of oysters. I doubt there will be much left once they are done. I heard state congressman Bonnen has a target on them after what these jackasses did to Christmas Bay. The beds were totally destroyed. I am not sure those guys give a flip about the resource.
West of Raymonds?
Harbormaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2017, 10:21 PM   #6
KeithR
Registered Users-pm+

KeithR has been promoted to PirateKeithR has been promoted to PirateKeithR has been promoted to PirateKeithR has been promoted to PirateKeithR has been promoted to PirateKeithR has been promoted to PirateKeithR has been promoted to PirateKeithR has been promoted to PirateKeithR has been promoted to PirateKeithR has been promoted to PirateKeithR has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbormaster View Post
West of Raymonds?
From Raymonds West. One group was just South of the gulf cut.
Old 04-09-2017, 10:24 PM   #7
KeithR
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdouglas View Post
How was the fishing in East Matagorda this weekend?
It was a grind Friday. We put 6 in the box and I CPR a 28" fatty. Saturday was a blowout in East so we headed to west and only boxed a couple. Due south wind made for tough conditions.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:57 AM   #8
Trouthappy
Trouthappy

Trouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
I doubt there will be much left once they are done. I heard state congressman Bonnen has a target on them after what these jackasses did to Christmas Bay. The beds were totally destroyed. I am not sure those guys give a flip about the resource.
I heard the old Galveston oyster companies still carry a lot of pull in Austin. Oystering should be shut down for 10 years, and let the bays recover. Order something else on the restaurant menu. How hard is that?
Trouthappy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2017, 08:57 AM   #9
Stuart
Borders, language, culture

Stuart has been promoted to PirateStuart has been promoted to PirateStuart has been promoted to PirateStuart has been promoted to PirateStuart has been promoted to PirateStuart has been promoted to PirateStuart has been promoted to PirateStuart has been promoted to PirateStuart has been promoted to PirateStuart has been promoted to PirateStuart has been promoted to Pirate
I'm confused on this HB 51. I watched the video where Dennis Bonnen was giving them heck. Every one of the commercial oysters guys that came up to testify were in support of HB 51 ???? How can that be? I need the cliff notes for this bill. lol
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2017, 09:18 AM   #10
Majek11
Registered Users-pm+

Majek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouthappy View Post
I heard the old Galveston oyster companies still carry a lot of pull in Austin. Oystering should be shut down for 10 years, and let the bays recover. Order something else on the restaurant menu. How hard is that?
Probably pretty hard if you're in the oyster business,I'm not a fan of the big oyster companies but shutting down someone's living gives me the creeps.Alot of treehuggers want to shut down coal mining and any other fossil fuel business without thinking of the people that make their living in it.
Majek11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message