Trailer's FUBAR one day before a trip - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 04-09-2017, 02:27 PM   #1
fritz423b
So ugly photo removed by court order

fritz423b has been promoted to Piratefritz423b has been promoted to Piratefritz423b has been promoted to Piratefritz423b has been promoted to Piratefritz423b has been promoted to Piratefritz423b has been promoted to Piratefritz423b has been promoted to Piratefritz423b has been promoted to Piratefritz423b has been promoted to Piratefritz423b has been promoted to Piratefritz423b has been promoted to Pirate
Trailer's FUBAR one day before a trip

We're going to Rockport for a week tomorrow so I took the boat to Granger early this morning to make sure everything's working. Got there and back fine but when I was inspecting the tires I found this.

Now what the heck do I do? 2001 Magnum trailer, who knows if they'll have an axle like this anymore.

fritz423b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2017, 02:33 PM   #2
robbiedeleon
Registered Users-pm+

robbiedeleon is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Don't know how close you are to Seadrift but call Coastline trailers and they sell the axles I think they're about $525 all you need is the measurement

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
robbiedeleon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2017, 03:24 PM   #3
jampen
Often profane...occassionaly profound

jampen has been promoted to Piratejampen has been promoted to Piratejampen has been promoted to Piratejampen has been promoted to Piratejampen has been promoted to Piratejampen has been promoted to Piratejampen has been promoted to Piratejampen has been promoted to Piratejampen has been promoted to Piratejampen has been promoted to Piratejampen has been promoted to Pirate
Go with the torsion axle...no more rusty springs and u-bolts...plus much smoother ride

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...-WMaAnre8P8HAQ
jampen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2017, 04:28 PM   #4
robbiedeleon
Registered Users-pm+

robbiedeleon is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
A torsion axle would be better but if you want to use the boat this week a better route would be to buy the one that's just simply going to bolt back on.

robbiedeleon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2017, 08:14 PM   #5
Trouthappy
Trouthappy

Trouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to Pirate
Wow. Good thing that axle didn't break on the way to Rockport....
Trouthappy is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2017, 06:13 AM   #6
fritz423b

fritz423b has been promoted to Piratefritz423b has been promoted to Piratefritz423b has been promoted to Piratefritz423b has been promoted to Piratefritz423b has been promoted to Piratefritz423b has been promoted to Piratefritz423b has been promoted to Piratefritz423b has been promoted to Piratefritz423b has been promoted to Piratefritz423b has been promoted to Piratefritz423b has been promoted to Pirate
It's zero-dark-thirty now, we got the axle off, now waiting for everything to open to see what our options are.

I can't believe how fast this corroded. I replaced the leaf springs 4 years ago this month. The nuts on the U-bolts were so corroded they had started to split. It's almost like I lost a zinc on a boat, of course the trailer doesn't have any.
Old 04-10-2017, 06:17 AM   #7
fritz423b

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiedeleon View Post
Don't know how close you are to Seadrift but call Coastline trailers and they sell the axles I think they're about $525 all you need is the measurement

Thanks, I'm going to try locally first. If I strike out today we're going down and I may say screw it and just buy a new boat. Course I been saying that for the last 10 years.
Old 04-10-2017, 06:55 AM   #8
SSST
Registered Users-pm+

SSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritz423b View Post
Thanks, I'm going to try locally first. If I strike out today we're going down and I may say screw it and just buy a new boat. Course I been saying that for the last 10 years.
Well, that will definitely cure the problem, lol. I would say get a little piece of plate welded to hold it together for a trip, but it doesn't look like there's enough good metal to weld.
SSST is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2017, 07:44 AM   #9
EJ@TSFMag
Registered Users-pm+

EJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to Pirate
I've only had a half dozen do that over the years...ditch it! By the time you change springs and axle...what's next? Call CoastLine and see how quickly they can get you a new trailer. Sucks that it has happened with such bad timing.
EJ@TSFMag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2017, 07:45 AM   #10
fritz423b

I agree, I thought about welding a sleeve but there's corrosion all the way to the spindle.

Tommy at Magnum trailers in Austin is going to try to pull the pattern and see if they can fabricate one today.