Done with 13 fishing - Page 7 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 04-19-2017, 10:28 PM   #61
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon factory

For at least the last 25 years, almost all bait cast reels regardless of brand and/or model have almost identical internals. Obviously reels as everything else have evolved with time, but they still have the same basic design.

I just picked up a Concept TX and love it, it outcast my core 50's and 100 with ABEC 7's in them, and is much smoother. But don't get me wrong, my core 50's with the ABEC-7's, are the cats meow of reels.

Back to the point, I've always cleaned/rebuilt my own reels. And I'd highly encourage/recommend anyone and everyone that has the interest or time to do so as well. Because I clean my own reels , I always fish with a clean perfectly fine tuned working reel.

I haven't had to work on my Concept tx yet, and I know a few guides that have been fishing them daily for months with flawless performance.

But like any and everything else used in salt water, I will eventually need to clean it. And if it does needs parts, I'll call around until I find them even if the last call is to the factory to have them shipped to me.

My point being you are beholding to no one other then the factory as a last result, only if you master the art of building/cleaning a very basic piece of equipment.

i cleaned reels for friends that have previously had them "professionally cleaned", and the reels had grease packed in areas it is not supposed to be in, and just simply had a poor clean rebuild job.

There are multiple reel-cleaning tutorial videos on YouTube and once masters takes about 20 to 30 minutes to clean a reel properly.
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 09:29 AM   #62
Majek11
Registered Users-pm+

Majek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by c hook View Post
For at least the last 25 years, almost all bait cast reels regardless of brand and/or model have almost identical internals. Obviously reels as everything else have evolved with time, but they still have the same basic design.

I just picked up a Concept TX and love it, it outcast my core 50's and 100 with ABEC 7's in them, and is much smoother. But don't get me wrong, my core 50's with the ABEC-7's, are the cats meow of reels.

Back to the point, I've always cleaned/rebuilt my own reels. And I'd highly encourage/recommend anyone and everyone that has the interest or time to do so as well. Because I clean my own reels , I always fish with a clean perfectly fine tuned working reel.

I haven't had to work on my Concept tx yet, and I know a few guides that have been fishing them daily for months with flawless performance.

But like any and everything else used in salt water, I will eventually need to clean it. And if it does needs parts, I'll call around until I find them even if the last call is to the factory to have them shipped to me.

My point being you are beholding to no one other then the factory as a last result, only if you master the art of building/cleaning a very basic piece of equipment.

i cleaned reels for friends that have previously had them "professionally cleaned", and the reels had grease packed in areas it is not supposed to be in, and just simply had a poor clean rebuild job.

There are multiple reel-cleaning tutorial videos on YouTube and once masters takes about 20 to 30 minutes to clean a reel properly.
You're correct,and I do most of my reel cleaning myself,that's why I've have these reels for years now with no problems that couldn't be fixed with a simple cleaning until the level wind broke on the C.Again I didn't send them to the manufacturer because having them for a few years I didn't think it was a factory defect but just a broken part from a lot of usage.FTU advertised that they were now a carrier of 13 fishing parts so I decided to let them fix it and in the process let them clean them.Ive been informed now that I'm at the top of the list of getting my reels back as soon as 13 sends the factory warranty replacement frame for the E to FTU,they did have the parts for the C in stock but didn't have the frame for the E.I would like to thank EJ@tsfmag for helping me out on my problem.
Majek11 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2017, 08:44 AM   #63
Reely?
Registered Users-pm+

Reely? has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReely? has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReely? has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReely? has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReely? has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReely? has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReely? has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReely? has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReely? has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReely? has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReely? has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Hello Fisher-people, my name is Warren Faulkner. I am the Service Manager for the FTU-Katy Store, which is not involved in this situation but I would like to take this opportunity to address this issue in particular. The parts situation for the gears is this. The original parts for the 8 to 1 gear ratios were originally back ordered, I know this to be the case because I was the person responsible for setting up all 3 FTU locations. After multiple orders were placed I finally received my 8 to 1 gear sets on April 13, 2017, almost 5 months from the original orders being place. 13 Fishing does not ship backorders so we have to write new orders when something is back ordered. Same scenario for Penn, Daiwa and Abu-Garcia. Our new partnership with 13 Fishing is a work in progress, this is 13 Fishing's first endeavor providing reel shops with parts so there is going to be growing pains for both of us. All 3 FTU shops are trying to get on top of this but it does take a little time to figure out everything you need to stock to provide service on these reels and like most businesses we have to keep things in line with our budgets. It is 13 Fishing's Warranty Policy that the owner provides a receipt of purchase when requesting warranty service on their reels. 13 Fishing's Warranty covers replacement of parts but does not cover cleaning costs. I ask that you bear with us while we try to expand our service for 13 Fishing Reels. Like I said, both sides are experiencing growing pains. I can be reached at FTU-Katy Freeway (713-827-7762) if you have any questions. Thanks for taking the time to read this post.
Reely? is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2017, 05:08 PM   #64
Majek11
Registered Users-pm+

Majek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reely? View Post
Hello Fisher-people, my name is Warren Faulkner. I am the Service Manager for the FTU-Katy Store, which is not involved in this situation but I would like to take this opportunity to address this issue in particular. The parts situation for the gears is this. The original parts for the 8 to 1 gear ratios were originally back ordered, I know this to be the case because I was the person responsible for setting up all 3 FTU locations. After multiple orders were placed I finally received my 8 to 1 gear sets on April 13, 2017, almost 5 months from the original orders being place. 13 Fishing does not ship backorders so we have to write new orders when something is back ordered. Same scenario for Penn, Daiwa and Abu-Garcia. Our new partnership with 13 Fishing is a work in progress, this is 13 Fishing's first endeavor providing reel shops with parts so there is going to be growing pains for both of us. All 3 FTU shops are trying to get on top of this but it does take a little time to figure out everything you need to stock to provide service on these reels and like most businesses we have to keep things in line with our budgets. It is 13 Fishing's Warranty Policy that the owner provides a receipt of purchase when requesting warranty service on their reels. 13 Fishing's Warranty covers replacement of parts but does not cover cleaning costs. I ask that you bear with us while we try to expand our service for 13 Fishing Reels. Like I said, both sides are experiencing growing pains. I can be reached at FTU-Katy Freeway (713-827-7762) if you have any questions. Thanks for taking the time to read this post.
Thank you,that's not only the best explanation of what's going I've heard but it's the only one I've heard.Someone should get with the different store locations and let them know that when they take in 13 Reels it would be a good idea to let them know it may take a while.I was originally told,by a young man at the service counter,it would only be 2-3 weeks.Im guessing he wasn't aware of the situation with 13 and just quoted me the regular turn around time.Thank you for the explanation 👍🏻
Majek11 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2017, 05:58 PM   #65
Reely?
Registered Users-pm+

Reely? has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReely? has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReely? has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReely? has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReely? has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReely? has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReely? has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReely? has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReely? has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReely? has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReely? has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Anytime you or your friends bring in a reel or call in to check on a repair always get a name of who you are dealing with, that way you will know who's feet to hold to the fire. We have 5 other shop employees at the Katy location so your odds of talking to a different person each time are increased. If you ever experience a problem at any of the 3 stores you are welcomed and encouraged to call me, I am the senior member of the shops and can get something done that others may not be able to get done. While we try to give the best repair service possible we are at the mercy of the manufacturers when it comes to parts, you may call the manufacturer and they tell you they have a particular part in stock when in reality they get the single part from their repair facility and is totally separate of the warehouse. Yes we occasionally just flat out drop the ball, it happens. Hopefully this sheds some light on the parts and repair situation. No excuses, just answers. Let me know if I can help you!
Reely? is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message