Done with 13 fishing - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 04-08-2017, 07:20 AM   #11
PMCASTAWAY
Registered Users-pm+

PMCASTAWAY is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
There are other shops that receive 13 fishing parts.
PMCASTAWAY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2017, 08:45 AM   #12
Fishin' Texas Aggie 05
Registered Users-pm+

Fishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to Pirate
Lews team lite LFS
Fishin' Texas Aggie 05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2017, 09:33 AM   #13
Majek11
Registered Users-pm+

Majek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMCASTAWAY View Post
There are other shops that receive 13 fishing parts.
If they're around the Houston/Galveston area let me know.
Majek11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2017, 10:26 AM   #14
jampen
Often profane...occassionaly profound

jampen has been promoted to Piratejampen has been promoted to Piratejampen has been promoted to Piratejampen has been promoted to Piratejampen has been promoted to Piratejampen has been promoted to Piratejampen has been promoted to Piratejampen has been promoted to Piratejampen has been promoted to Piratejampen has been promoted to Piratejampen has been promoted to Pirate
There are really good services called Fedex and UPS that will gladly take those reels to any repair shop, regardless of distance.
jampen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2017, 12:25 PM   #15
Bearwolf34
Registered Users-pm+

Bearwolf34 has been promoted to PirateBearwolf34 has been promoted to PirateBearwolf34 has been promoted to PirateBearwolf34 has been promoted to PirateBearwolf34 has been promoted to PirateBearwolf34 has been promoted to PirateBearwolf34 has been promoted to PirateBearwolf34 has been promoted to PirateBearwolf34 has been promoted to PirateBearwolf34 has been promoted to PirateBearwolf34 has been promoted to Pirate
Tried to register my concepts on their website and once hit submit, nothing else comes up and receive no email. Anyone else experiencing this?

For some reason the cast engage lever on my Concept A locks up and am unable to press it down regardless of pressure. Its a guess as to when it does this. Last time out it worked fine at home but in kayak was a no go but finally it started working.

Went out again and it worked, came in, washed it off, dried and stored, went to try and use it again the other night and the **** thing was locked up again. Twiddled with it and it started working again...what gives??
Bearwolf34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2017, 01:02 PM   #16
kenny
Registered Users-pm+

kenny has been promoted to Piratekenny has been promoted to Piratekenny has been promoted to Piratekenny has been promoted to Piratekenny has been promoted to Piratekenny has been promoted to Piratekenny has been promoted to Piratekenny has been promoted to Piratekenny has been promoted to Piratekenny has been promoted to Piratekenny has been promoted to Pirate
POS
kenny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2017, 01:35 PM   #17
Profish00
Gone Fishing

Profish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to Pirate
x2
Profish00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2017, 01:50 PM   #18
Majek11
Registered Users-pm+

Majek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by jampen View Post
There are really good services called Fedex and UPS that will gladly take those reels to any repair shop, regardless of distance.
That's just it,with any other reels I can drop them off at any repair shop and not have to jump thru hoops and pay extra shipping.i don't know if 13 doesn't have enough parts on hand to deal with the increase in sales or they don't have enough people to take care of requests or what.
Old 04-08-2017, 03:22 PM   #19
Lexy1
Registered Users-pm+

Lexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek11 View Post
That's just it,with any other reels I can drop them off at any repair shop and not have to jump thru hoops and pay extra shipping.i don't know if 13 doesn't have enough parts on hand to deal with the increase in sales or they don't have enough people to take care of requests or what.
You made the same mistake as some of my fishing buddies. FTU is your culprit.
This is why a lot of independent reel cleaners doing well because of their "turn-around time" (minimum 4 weeks).
I do understand about paying a little extra for shipping the reels but trust me, it's definitely worth it. Think about the gas and time you have to make it to FTU. Not only this but the waiting and the frustration that you have to deal with.
Let me give you my own experience. One of my friend dropped two shimano reels to FTU. Their initial estimate time is 4 weeks. Four weeks later, my friend called and they said they needed to order some parts. At that time, I sent two of my reels to Shimano (costed $7 shipping). I got my reels back in 2 weeks. They costed me $50 but I got some parts replaced for free of charge. My friend still waited for his reels (after 6 weeks). I was laughing at him and telling him that if he sent those to Shimano, he would get them back few weeks ago. He finally got the reels back after 8 weeks and a bill of $124.xx
In conclusion,
I was out $57 and two weeks time while my friend was out $124 and eight weeks time.
You tell me, which round is better?

And talking about 13fishing reels, I already have two fishing friends who sold their Shimano reels to me, bought few Concept reels and praised about them, After one year, they sold their Concept reels and begged me to sell them back the Shimano reels.
Lexy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2017, 04:29 PM   #20
Majek11
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexy1 View Post
You made the same mistake as some of my fishing buddies. FTU is your culprit.
This is why a lot of independent reel cleaners doing well because of their "turn-around time" (minimum 4 weeks).
I do understand about paying a little extra for shipping the reels but trust me, it's definitely worth it. Think about the gas and time you have to make it to FTU. Not only this but the waiting and the frustration that you have to deal with.
Let me give you my own experience. One of my friend dropped two shimano reels to FTU. Their initial estimate time is 4 weeks. Four weeks later, my friend called and they said they needed to order some parts. At that time, I sent two of my reels to Shimano (costed $7 shipping). I got my reels back in 2 weeks. They costed me $50 but I got some parts replaced for free of charge. My friend still waited for his reels (after 6 weeks). I was laughing at him and telling him that if he sent those to Shimano, he would get them back few weeks ago. He finally got the reels back after 8 weeks and a bill of $124.xx
In conclusion,
I was out $57 and two weeks time while my friend was out $124 and eight weeks time.
You tell me, which round is better?

And talking about 13fishing reels, I already have two fishing friends who sold their Shimano reels to me, bought few Concept reels and praised about them, After one year, they sold their Concept reels and begged me to sell them back the Shimano reels.
I beginning to see the problem now,I did buy these 13s a few years ago and I bought the e at least 3 years ago it seems,it was when they first came out.This is the only problem I've had with any of them which prompted me to buy 2 As that are fine,but just like outboard motors,every body makes a pretty good product but what matters is the availability of a good mechanic.I guess a few complaints to 13 would maybe get them to step up their supply to some reputable repair shops.They sell the reels every where now it seems like they would want more people to service them.I don't mind replacing worn parts and paying for it as long as it's something that's not just a faulty part but when you can't even get the parts it kinda sucks.i know the bearings in most reels are the same but the gears is the problem with my c.i switched to 23 from lews because at the time lews didn't have all the light weight options like they have now.