Rockport - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports

Notices

Old 04-06-2017, 10:48 AM   #1
223AI
Registered Users-pm+

223AI has been promoted to Pirate223AI has been promoted to Pirate223AI has been promoted to Pirate223AI has been promoted to Pirate223AI has been promoted to Pirate223AI has been promoted to Pirate223AI has been promoted to Pirate223AI has been promoted to Pirate223AI has been promoted to Pirate223AI has been promoted to Pirate223AI has been promoted to Pirate
Rockport

Drove the 2 hours to Rockport on Sunday with a couple of buddies, to fish Monday. A night of whiskey, good wine, dry aged ribeyes, and too much BS, turned into an early morning wade session on Monday with Jay Watkins.

We stroked them...all of mine on Down South Lures Super Model in "Chicken of the C" and "Plum Chartreuse" paired with Knotty Hooker 1/8 jigheads. I ran a brandy new Daiwa Zillion SV TW paried with 20lb suffix 832 and yo-zuri 20lb leader on a 6'6" Hookspit Kryptic Wader LT, in ML action. I can definitely feel the bite better with a good baitcaster setup...

We were in water from 3-4 ft focusing on grass/sand potholes. Water was 76*, and I should've tossed my Simms waders...Saw one other boat the entire day, and it was one of the best days of fishing I've had. Didn't take the skiff, we fished out of his Haynie, and I was pretty impressed with it. Great boat.

If you haven't had an opportunity to fish with Jay Watkins, you should make the effort to do so. He is an absolute gem, and a wealth of knowledge, and a great teacher. It was a great experience..lucky to have him in our waters.

223AI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2017, 11:38 AM   #2
Zeitgeist
Whose House? Coog's House!!!

Zeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to Pirate
Great report!
Zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2017, 01:37 PM   #3
blackjack runner
Registered Users-pm+

blackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirate
Great report. Jay is a stand up guy and one of the most passionate fishermen I have ever met who will share his knowledge of fishing and reading the water.
His son Jay Ray is a good guy as well.
blackjack runner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2017, 06:39 PM   #4
Deer30
Registered Users-pm+

Deer30 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Nice catch. What bay was this in? Been having trouble finding decent schools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Deer30 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2017, 09:51 AM   #5
223AI
Registered Users-pm+

223AI has been promoted to Pirate223AI has been promoted to Pirate223AI has been promoted to Pirate223AI has been promoted to Pirate223AI has been promoted to Pirate223AI has been promoted to Pirate223AI has been promoted to Pirate223AI has been promoted to Pirate223AI has been promoted to Pirate223AI has been promoted to Pirate223AI has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deer30 View Post
Nice catch. What bay was this in? Been having trouble finding decent schools.

Not my place to say, but if you focus on shorelines with sand/grass potholes and some scattered shell, with active bait, working shallow earlier and slightly deeper as the day goes on, you'll find them..i would bet.
223AI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2017, 12:21 PM   #6
Deer30
Registered Users-pm+

Deer30 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 223AI View Post
Not my place to say, but if you focus on shorelines with sand/grass potholes and some scattered shell, with active bait, working shallow earlier and slightly deeper as the day goes on, you'll find them..i would bet.

Thanks

Deer30 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message