What would you guys do? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 04-05-2017, 07:20 AM   #1
PAfishing69
Hunter Troutman

Location: Stationed at Fort Sam Houston, but i am from the country side of Pennsylvania
PAfishing69 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerPAfishing69 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerPAfishing69 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerPAfishing69 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerPAfishing69 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerPAfishing69 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerPAfishing69 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerPAfishing69 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerPAfishing69 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerPAfishing69 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerPAfishing69 has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Flag What would you guys do?

Hey guys looking to do some wading this weekend, would it be better to hit up rockport and down and around port Aransas, or would it be better to hit POC, and at either one of the spots would it pay to get some live or dead shrimp for trout and reds and some crab for black drum or would it be better to fish artificial?? Thanks guys hopefully the fishing continues to get better, Happy Fishing!!- HR Troutman, Hunter D USN
PAfishing69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2017, 09:16 AM   #2
troutsupport

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
PA.. while I love fishing with lures, I'd probably up the odds a little in your favor and just get some live shrimp and hit Port Aransas areas that you know. For one reason, there is a lot of grass shrimp in the grass right now so fishing in the potholes and edges of the grass might yield you some trout and maybe a red or 2. Good luck and have fun brotha.
troutsupport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2017, 10:54 AM   #3
Rack Ranch
Certified Animal Chiropractor

Rack Ranch has been promoted to PirateRack Ranch has been promoted to PirateRack Ranch has been promoted to PirateRack Ranch has been promoted to PirateRack Ranch has been promoted to PirateRack Ranch has been promoted to PirateRack Ranch has been promoted to PirateRack Ranch has been promoted to PirateRack Ranch has been promoted to PirateRack Ranch has been promoted to PirateRack Ranch has been promoted to Pirate
Good advice and as of know I would say fish close to deep water or a channel if your looking for Reds. About 2 weeks ago the Reds in this area pulled off the flats. I think they went South, a lot of Reds South of the JFK right now. I'm going up the Tower tomorrow in the AP area scouting for the Rudy's tourney. If they are back on the flats I'll let you know. G-Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutsupport View Post
PA.. while I love fishing with lures, I'd probably up the odds a little in your favor and just get some live shrimp and hit Port Aransas areas that you know. For one reason, there is a lot of grass shrimp in the grass right now so fishing in the potholes and edges of the grass might yield you some trout and maybe a red or 2. Good luck and have fun brotha.
Rack Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2017, 10:59 AM   #4
huntfish2011
Get to the Rocks!

huntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Pirate
Popping cork and live shrimp produced a limit of trout for me last weekend on Mustang Island fishing over hard sand and grass.
huntfish2011 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2017, 09:59 AM   #5
PAfishing69
Hunter Troutman

Location: Stationed at Fort Sam Houston, but i am from the country side of Pennsylvania
PAfishing69 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerPAfishing69 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerPAfishing69 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerPAfishing69 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerPAfishing69 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerPAfishing69 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerPAfishing69 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerPAfishing69 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerPAfishing69 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerPAfishing69 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerPAfishing69 has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Thanks guys really appreciate it, the live shrimp seems like it has been doing better, and I was also wondering what south of the jfk means??
Old 04-06-2017, 10:00 AM   #6
PAfishing69
Hunter Troutman

Any news on black drum on the surf in mustang or back in the bays on crab or artificial lures??
Old 04-06-2017, 10:31 AM   #7
JimD
JimD

JimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to Pirate
Put one pole with a popping cork and the another on a split shot or carolina rig and keep one on the bottom with enough leader for the shrimp to be able to swim around and commit suicide. That way you have shallow and deep water area covered.

South of the jfk causeway and deeper water. I have not fished the area so look on you hook/line map to see what he is talking about.
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2017, 11:21 AM   #8
huntfish2011
Get to the Rocks!

huntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAfishing69 View Post
Thanks guys really appreciate it, the live shrimp seems like it has been doing better, and I was also wondering what south of the jfk means??

It's the bridge that connects Flour Bluff to Padre Island. There are lots of deep channels and flats in the area.
Old 04-06-2017, 02:16 PM   #9
PAfishing69
Hunter Troutman

I see the causeway on google earth are there any good spots to park and start wading down below the causeway and would it be worth it, to try up near mustang island park along the fishermans cut or corpus christis pass??
Old 04-06-2017, 03:32 PM   #10
huntfish2011
Get to the Rocks!

Yes, take the exit to the bait camps. There is parking along the south side of the causeway. Since I assume you are new to wade fishing be sure to shuffle your feet to avoid stepping on any stingrays.