Aransas pass red fish bay - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports

Notices

Old 04-04-2017, 06:44 PM   #1
JRyan
Registered Users-pm+

JRyan is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Aransas pass red fish bay

Just curious to if anyone out there recently has been having good luck over in the aransas pass area. Went today we started over at quarantine island drifted the whole shoreline, and I hooked up with a undersized red on popping cork and shrimp then I switched over to a down south lure and popping cork and within seconds I got a dink trout. After that the rest of the day was dead we moved over to ransom island before calling it a morning due to having to go to work tonight. Last Thursday we made a trip to California hole caught a couple undersized reds and trouts drifting before heading back to ransom and drifting where we caught 5 more undersized reds and 1 21 inch trout. Just curious to see if anyone else out there has been fishing the aransas area with better luck than us.
JRyan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2017, 07:12 PM   #2
blackjack runner
Registered Users-pm+

blackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirate
Should be there later this week or weekend. Work is crazy busy right now and need a r and r trip.
blackjack runner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2017, 07:40 PM   #3
bigfishtx
Registered Users-pm+

bigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Pirate
Dead. No fish. Port Oconnor is hot from what I hear.
bigfishtx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2017, 08:33 PM   #4
FRANKLOCKHART
Registered Users-pm+

FRANKLOCKHART is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
There are no fish in POC, they are all in Galveston. Wouldn't even bother trying POC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FRANKLOCKHART is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2017, 08:40 PM   #5
WineyFishrman
Try being smarter and I'll be much nicer

WineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to Pirate
Fish are there,,,, East shore is holding trout on drop offs, reds cruising flats backside of shamrock.

Not easy fishing but I think the action is getting ready to turn on,,, water temp is warm and I think ready for wet wading.

I'll be down there this weekend and will post results.
WineyFishrman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2017, 09:04 PM   #6
duckmania
Registered Users-pm+

duckmania has been promoted to Pirateduckmania has been promoted to Pirateduckmania has been promoted to Pirateduckmania has been promoted to Pirateduckmania has been promoted to Pirateduckmania has been promoted to Pirateduckmania has been promoted to Pirateduckmania has been promoted to Pirateduckmania has been promoted to Pirateduckmania has been promoted to Pirateduckmania has been promoted to Pirate
Winey is right, the next good moon should be good, but I've already seen quite a few spawners. Its been a strange spring. When that good tide comes in should be good. POC should really be good!
duckmania is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2017, 09:10 PM   #7
Rack Ranch
Certified Animal Chiropractor

Rack Ranch has been promoted to PirateRack Ranch has been promoted to PirateRack Ranch has been promoted to PirateRack Ranch has been promoted to PirateRack Ranch has been promoted to PirateRack Ranch has been promoted to PirateRack Ranch has been promoted to PirateRack Ranch has been promoted to PirateRack Ranch has been promoted to PirateRack Ranch has been promoted to PirateRack Ranch has been promoted to Pirate
Reds moved off flats 2-3 weeks ago. IFA redfish tourney was last Saturday. 2 boats I knew fishing it didn't even go to weigh in

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk
Rack Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2017, 10:05 PM   #8
WineyFishrman
Try being smarter and I'll be much nicer

WineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckmania View Post
Winey is right, the next good moon should be good, but I've already seen quite a few spawners. Its been a strange spring. When that good tide comes in should be good. POC should really be good!
I was down at my place two weeks ago, and really surprised at the water temp,, we gigged one night out of airboat and air temp was cool,,,,

MAN IM READY TO GET WET!!
WineyFishrman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2017, 10:22 PM   #9
SolarScreenGuy

SolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRyan View Post
Just curious to if anyone out there recently has been having good luck over in the aransas pass area. Went today we started over at quarantine island drifted the whole shoreline, and I hooked up with a undersized red on popping cork and shrimp then I switched over to a down south lure and popping cork and within seconds I got a dink trout. After that the rest of the day was dead we moved over to ransom island before calling it a morning due to having to go to work tonight. Last Thursday we made a trip to California hole caught a couple undersized reds and trouts drifting before heading back to ransom and drifting where we caught 5 more undersized reds and 1 21 inch trout. Just curious to see if anyone else out there has been fishing the aransas area with better luck than us.
Look for an incoming tide in the California hole. Start up shallow and drift into deeper water until you locate them. Always, early morning before too much boat traffic.
www.solarscreenguys.com
SolarScreenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2017, 04:11 AM   #10
JRyan
Registered Users-pm+

JRyan is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Thanks for all the feed back fellas. I'm thinking about out Thursday morning to Ingleside and fish the islands out front of Kiewit and what not. cant beat a day out on your day off.
JRyan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message