Cozumel fishing recommendations - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 04-07-2017, 01:41 PM   #11
johnsons1480
Registered Users-pm+

johnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Pirate
Booked Chi Chi Charters today, I'll let everyone know how it went when we get back!
johnsons1480 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2017, 08:19 PM   #12
johnny astro
Wishin I was Fishin

johnny astro has been promoted to Piratejohnny astro has been promoted to Piratejohnny astro has been promoted to Piratejohnny astro has been promoted to Piratejohnny astro has been promoted to Piratejohnny astro has been promoted to Piratejohnny astro has been promoted to Piratejohnny astro has been promoted to Piratejohnny astro has been promoted to Piratejohnny astro has been promoted to Piratejohnny astro has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsons1480 View Post
Booked Chi Chi Charters today, I'll let everyone know how it went when we get back!
Keep us posted. I'm headed down 5/28-5/31 w/ wife for first time w/o the kids. Have fished for sails every time in April/May. Thinking about changing it up this year and go for bones and tarpon so I can get back by the time the wife wakes up.

Johnny
johnny astro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2017, 08:51 PM   #13
johnny astro
Wishin I was Fishin

johnny astro has been promoted to Piratejohnny astro has been promoted to Piratejohnny astro has been promoted to Piratejohnny astro has been promoted to Piratejohnny astro has been promoted to Piratejohnny astro has been promoted to Piratejohnny astro has been promoted to Piratejohnny astro has been promoted to Piratejohnny astro has been promoted to Piratejohnny astro has been promoted to Piratejohnny astro has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny astro View Post
Keep us posted. I'm headed down 5/28-5/31 w/ wife for first time w/o the kids. Have fished for sails every time in April/May. Thinking about changing it up this year and go for bones and tarpon so I can get back by the time the wife wakes up.

Johnny
If any 2coolers are down at the same time let me know and we can split a charter. I'm open to billfishing. Will just be me on the charter and some cold beer
johnny astro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2017, 09:38 AM   #14
johnsons1480
Registered Users-pm+

johnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Pirate
We fished with Chi Chi Charters on Saturday, April 15, 2017. Our cruise docked at 9 AM and we had agreed on 10 AM as our start time. Got on the boat and they had beer, softdrinks, and all of the margarita ingredients. Louise (sp?) was our captain and Alex was our first mate. Boat took off right at 10, and Alex started throwing out lures. Trolled for about 10 minutes and hooked a fish. I wanted to make sure my wife to caught something, so she reeled it in and it was a mahi mahi.

Alex threw the line back in the water and we started trolling again. Trolled across all the way to Playa Del Carmen then started trolling about 200-300 yards off the beach. That mahi mahi turned out to be the only fish of the 4 hour trip. I can say that it wasn't from a lack of trying. We never stopped trolling, and Alex never stopped reeling in one of the 6 lines we had in the water to check the bait, change it out if needed, change the color of the skirts, etc.

All in all it was fun. Glad my wife got to catch a fish, and I'm also glad the beer was cold and plentiful. I certainly wish we had caught more fish, but I understand that's the way things go sometimes.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:43 AM   #15
johnsons1480
Registered Users-pm+

Pictures

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk