Cozumel fishing recommendations - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 04-03-2017, 12:37 PM   #1
johnsons1480
Registered Users-pm+

johnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Pirate
Cozumel fishing recommendations

Not sure if this is the right place for this. My wife and I are going on a cruise in a few weeks and were looking to go fishing when we got to Cozumel. The deep sea fishing trip you can book through the cruise line received some pretty awful reviews, and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a guide.
johnsons1480 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2017, 01:20 PM   #2
Sea_Hunter234
Registered Users-pm+

Sea_Hunter234 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerSea_Hunter234 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerSea_Hunter234 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerSea_Hunter234 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerSea_Hunter234 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerSea_Hunter234 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerSea_Hunter234 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerSea_Hunter234 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerSea_Hunter234 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerSea_Hunter234 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerSea_Hunter234 has been promoted to the rank of Gunner
Great Guys

I have been multiple times to Cozumel to fish! Since I have found these guys I haven't fished anyone else. They go above and beyond to make your experience worth while.

http://fishingcozumel.net/
Sea_Hunter234 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2017, 01:34 PM   #3
taylork555
Registered Users-pm+

taylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Pirate
If you like jigging, check out Capt. Roberto Navarro. There have been a few threads on here regarding him and fishing in the Cancun/Playa/Cozumel area.
taylork555 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2017, 01:44 PM   #4
Skifffer
Registered Users-pm+

Skifffer has been promoted to PirateSkifffer has been promoted to PirateSkifffer has been promoted to PirateSkifffer has been promoted to PirateSkifffer has been promoted to PirateSkifffer has been promoted to PirateSkifffer has been promoted to PirateSkifffer has been promoted to PirateSkifffer has been promoted to PirateSkifffer has been promoted to PirateSkifffer has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylork555 View Post
If you like jigging, check out Capt. Roberto Navarro. There have been a few threads on here regarding him and fishing in the Cancun/Playa/Cozumel area.
He didn't pick up in Cozumel a few years ago when we were there, I tried.

We fished with ChiChi Charters and we had a blast. It wasn't a hardcore fishing trip, we fished a few hours then they took us to a little beach with nothing around and we snorkeled while they made ceviche with the mahi we had caught. Fished a few more hours after that, they even had to call in a boat to refill us on beer. I would use them again.
Skifffer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2017, 01:50 PM   #5
taylork555
Registered Users-pm+

taylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skifffer View Post
He didn't pick up in Cozumel a few years ago when we were there, I tried.

We fished with ChiChi Charters and we had a blast. It wasn't a hardcore fishing trip, we fished a few hours then they took us to a little beach with nothing around and we snorkeled while they made ceviche with the mahi we had caught. Fished a few more hours after that, they even had to call in a boat to refill us on beer. I would use them again.
Ah I did not know that. We were in Playa when we fished with him but I figured he might make the trip over to the island.
taylork555 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2017, 07:09 PM   #6
Trouthappy
Trouthappy

Trouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to Pirate
Anywhere there are cruise ships, the quality of offshore fishing can suffer. They often view people like cattle, because so many thousands arrive on the dock every week. Aside from that, I've trolled all day off Cozumel and like anywhere else it can be slow or boring. Or even rough and hot when you've partied a little too long the night before.

By contrast we walked the docks there and hired a skiff (panga) fisherman, and fished the north end of the island (not the south end) for bonefish, small tarpon and snook. You need a 7-foot spin rod with 8-pound line, and small bonefish jigs. The snook wanted a white Mirrolure with red head. The tarpon were about two feet long and attacked when they saw the jig. The water was maybe three feet deep. Lots of mangrove trees, it was a maze. We poled around and it was great. It cost a lot less than an offshore trip and lasted 4-5 hours.
Trouthappy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2017, 07:20 PM   #7
scwine
It wasn't me!

scwine has been promoted to Piratescwine has been promoted to Piratescwine has been promoted to Piratescwine has been promoted to Piratescwine has been promoted to Piratescwine has been promoted to Piratescwine has been promoted to Piratescwine has been promoted to Piratescwine has been promoted to Piratescwine has been promoted to Piratescwine has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skifffer View Post
Hard to beat ChiChi. The beach you end up at is El Cielo. Cozumel is not check marked unless you end the day at El Cielo.
We use ChiChi every year for our snorkeling and fishing needs. http://www.chichicharters.com/

If George is on your boat, ask to see his tattoo!!
scwine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2017, 08:57 PM   #8
johnsons1480
Registered Users-pm+

johnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Pirate
Thank you all for the recommendations. I'll think about it and let y'all know what we decide to do

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 04-04-2017, 12:36 AM   #9
Bourland
Registered Users-pm+

Bourland has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterBourland has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterBourland has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterBourland has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterBourland has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterBourland has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterBourland has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterBourland has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterBourland has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterBourland has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterBourland has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMaster
Chi chi for sure. Been out with them many times. Awesome. Got to go to dinner with He and his wife (she's from Texas) and really enjoyed our time.
Bourland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2017, 06:59 AM   #10
johnsons1480
Registered Users-pm+

I was leaning toward FishingCozumel.net initially, but now I'm pretty sure I'm going to book with Chi Chi. Thanks for all the recommendations, greenies to all!