Upgrade Day - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports

Notices

Old 04-02-2017, 03:52 PM   #1
troutsupport

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
Upgrade Day

Everything about today was an upgrade compared to yesterday. Right when the wind started to howl, all of a sudden it went to the west and dropped down to less than 10. But I would have been happier with it up higher because with the wind drop the tide also dumped out. Spot number one only produced one Big blowup and I ended up leaving there fairly quick after not getting a follow up. That spot was sand and grass where I caught the 25 yesterday and it's not very protected so when the wind started to increase and the fish didn't want to cooperate, I left. It's not a numbers spot anyway.

Approached second area and it was looking good. When planning your strategy to access an area, remember that a quiet approach can make all the difference in the world. You may even park on the opposite side of the reef or point and walk down the bank or allow the wind to blow the boat into the parking area. I personally try to avoid going in there with the boat myself.

Thigh deep water over a little mud with some patchy grass and good numbers of the right kind of forage in the area. Pretty classic Big Trout DVD situation over and over. Also, habitat is where habitat is. Sorta like the statement 'it is what it is' it doesn't matter what the spot looks like from our perspective it only matters if it has what the big fish are looking for in terms of habitat.

She was right at 28in on the nose. Hit a pearl black back fatboy. I also caught a 24 with her and missed one other strike. It's not a numbers spot. Took a pic and let them both go, maybe they'll be 30s when you catch them. I'm walking the fat boys at a fairly moderate pace after a little bending to get them to walk. (Nose down 1/4 in and tail down about an 1/8th).

Still a lot of time to pick up the big trout DVD and stick a pig wading. don't forget about the 2cool discount, you guys have been great to us and it's our way of giving back.
Code = TCVA144

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
troutsupport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2017, 07:51 PM   #2
yakattak_jake
Registered Users-pm+

yakattak_jake is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Very nice fish and a great report! I've spent about a year and a half learning on word-of-mouth and on my own trips, but when I bought the dvds last year.... man it opened my opens. Cool to see it all come together

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
yakattak_jake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2017, 12:20 PM   #3
huntfish2011
Get to the Rocks!

huntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Pirate
Thanks for the report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutsupport View Post
Approached second area and it was looking good. When planning your strategy to access an area, remember that a quiet approach can make all the difference in the world. You may even park on the opposite side of the reef or point and walk down the bank or allow the wind to blow the boat into the parking area. I personally try to avoid going in there with the boat myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I couldn't agree more about approaching areas quietly.
huntfish2011 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2017, 10:03 PM   #4
My Coast Outdoors

My Coast Outdoors has been promoted to PirateMy Coast Outdoors has been promoted to PirateMy Coast Outdoors has been promoted to PirateMy Coast Outdoors has been promoted to PirateMy Coast Outdoors has been promoted to PirateMy Coast Outdoors has been promoted to PirateMy Coast Outdoors has been promoted to PirateMy Coast Outdoors has been promoted to PirateMy Coast Outdoors has been promoted to PirateMy Coast Outdoors has been promoted to PirateMy Coast Outdoors has been promoted to Pirate
Nice upgrade! I hate when I come in low and slow and then someone bust into the target area at full steam, shuts it down, throws the anchor off the bow, and jumps in to wade. Then leave 15 min later!
My Coast Outdoors is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2017, 07:11 PM   #5
Hook'em Hideout
Registered Users-pm+

Hook'em Hideout has disabled reputation
Tobin, nice report.....great to see someone getting on some big fish. Wanted to thank you again for the big trout video...tons of info ....even for someone that fishes a lot....there are still things to be learned.
Hook'em Hideout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2017, 09:25 PM   #6
WADEN
Registered Users-pm+

WADEN has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)WADEN has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)WADEN has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)WADEN has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)WADEN has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)WADEN has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)WADEN has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)WADEN has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)WADEN has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)WADEN has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)WADEN has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Texasflag4

Nice , Tobin ! Good advice.
WADEN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2017, 08:43 AM   #7
troutsupport

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
Just so everyone knows... I'm not a guide, not sure why this was moved.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:31 AM   #8
troutsupport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'em Hideout View Post
Tobin, nice report.....great to see someone getting on some big fish. Wanted to thank you again for the big trout video...tons of info ....even for someone that fishes a lot....there are still things to be learned.

Thanks HH!!! glad we could provide a quality instructional product.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:07 AM   #9
ctsa
Registered Users-pm+

ctsa has been promoted to Piratectsa has been promoted to Piratectsa has been promoted to Piratectsa has been promoted to Piratectsa has been promoted to Piratectsa has been promoted to Piratectsa has been promoted to Piratectsa has been promoted to Piratectsa has been promoted to Piratectsa has been promoted to Piratectsa has been promoted to Pirate
Great report and nice fish! Heading down there this wknd to chase a few fat girls myself. Not sure if I'll make the push to Baffin or stay in the Rockport area and go north to mesquite.

If you all have bought the trout support DVDs...do!

Best $ I've spent on fishing in my lifetime. I'll watch the big trout DVD for the 100th time before I head down this wknd....always learn something every time which is crazy
ctsa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message