Skunked 3.25.17 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports

Notices

Old 03-27-2017, 03:11 PM   #1
huntfish2011
Get to the Rocks!

huntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Pirate
Skunked 3.25.17

For the 2coolers they say “nobody post bad trips.”
Well seeing as I caught a bunch of fish the weekend before I was planning on hammering the trout. This time I had my wife and my parents with me.The weather conditions had not changed drastic enough to where I thought the fish would move out of the area.We start fishing a gut where the flat dumps off in to it.There is bait galore.Mullet were running for their lives and spraying.I couldn’t ask for a better setting, so I thought at the time.We bail out the boat and start wading.We fish for a while with no action and my dad finally catches a few dink trout at the end of the pocket over some mud and grass mix.I think to myself, it’s the same structure as I was catching fish the previous weekend.I was holding off going to the prior weekends mud and grass drain until the major feeding period.We move into the drain during the major feeding, what I thought was going to be the guaranteed spot, to put some fish in the box.The drain was still holding bait. Even smelt and seen a few slicks but no fish.After that moved to some other places with mud and grass mix and caught some more dink trout but we couldn’t find any keepers.It became a hop and a skip around the bay looking for fish.We threw DSL chicken of the c and kicken chicken, 4” Sea Shad – blue/limetruese, red/white, salt n pepper, Gambler – koolaid, thumpin mullet – pink hologram, super spook jr. – clown and then some more lures. I had bait/nervous bait and I had slicks. I don't think they were bait slicks either because they were small. Trips like this make me go, “I should have tried….” On the plus side I ran to a few new places I’ve wanted to check out and put some tracks on the GPS, and it’s always a good time with the family.
huntfish2011 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2017, 03:25 PM   #2
mccain
Registered Users-pm+

mccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Pirate
gotta post the good, the bad, and the ugly
mccain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2017, 08:56 AM   #3
troutsupport

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
You did fine... there's been a lot of little ones lately. They're eatin grass shrimp and that's why the slicks don't hold long. Not like a true trout slick from one that's been eating glass minnows or something. They only thing I can say is try to move from that first spot faster, but sometimes that's easier said than done. The bite has been off lately on the better fish, one day I'll find some 20's and the next its 15s. The low tide and wind has hindered things. I personally believe the better trout are out deep on brown shrimp.. when they eat shrimp and only shrimp there aren't much slicks.. just occasional ones.
troutsupport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2017, 09:00 AM   #4
Bird
No fish in West Bay

Bird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to Pirate
Like I said, no fish in West bay
Bird is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2017, 11:22 AM   #5
Rack Ranch
Certified Animal Chiropractor

Rack Ranch has been promoted to PirateRack Ranch has been promoted to PirateRack Ranch has been promoted to PirateRack Ranch has been promoted to PirateRack Ranch has been promoted to PirateRack Ranch has been promoted to PirateRack Ranch has been promoted to PirateRack Ranch has been promoted to PirateRack Ranch has been promoted to PirateRack Ranch has been promoted to PirateRack Ranch has been promoted to Pirate
Don't feel bad, I drew my first skunk in almost 2 years on Saturday. Threw the new spare prop out of the boat because we thought in was bad luck. And when I say threw it out I mean in the ICW...
Rack Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2017, 01:26 PM   #6
huntfish2011
Get to the Rocks!

huntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack Ranch View Post
Don't feel bad, I drew my first skunk in almost 2 years on Saturday. Threw the new spare prop out of the boat because we thought in was bad luck. And when I say threw it out I mean in the ICW...
Lol! That's funny.

My wife brought her I-pad on the boat for the first time Saturday. We joked in the morning about that's basically like brining a banana.

Well after that trip...No more I-pads allowed on the boat.

She wouldn't have allowed me to throw it in the water though. Haha!
huntfish2011 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message