Bait-caster setup. What do you use? - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 03-28-2017, 09:08 AM   #11
troutsupport

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
Team Lews Lite on a Lews ML 6'8 it's their Custom Lite Series
Im also throwing a BB1 Pro on a med action Lews Custom Speed Stick.

Lews has been spending money on quality components specifically with regards to saltwater, and they make a great low profile reel
troutsupport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2017, 11:23 AM   #12
Txgcfishing
Registered Users-pm+

Txgcfishing has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieTxgcfishing has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieTxgcfishing has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieTxgcfishing has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieTxgcfishing has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieTxgcfishing has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieTxgcfishing has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieTxgcfishing has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieTxgcfishing has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieTxgcfishing has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieTxgcfishing has been promoted to the rank of Swabbie
Lews, 13 fishing and Waterloo.. can't go wrong
Txgcfishing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2017, 05:27 PM   #13
dbarham
manvel mob

dbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Pirate
Shimano shimano and shimano
dbarham is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2017, 05:38 PM   #14
dbarham
manvel mob

dbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Pirate
Lews is next on list
dbarham is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2017, 08:56 PM   #15
RC04
Registered Users-pm+

RC04 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRC04 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRC04 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRC04 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRC04 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRC04 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRC04 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRC04 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRC04 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRC04 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRC04 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Ok, got a bunch of good input, thanks folks. Now what to buy??? Keep the suggestions coming. Still not sure what combo I'm wanting to go with.
RC04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2017, 10:33 PM   #16
22'baykat
Registered Users-pm+

22'baykat has been promoted to Pirate22'baykat has been promoted to Pirate22'baykat has been promoted to Pirate22'baykat has been promoted to Pirate22'baykat has been promoted to Pirate22'baykat has been promoted to Pirate22'baykat has been promoted to Pirate22'baykat has been promoted to Pirate22'baykat has been promoted to Pirate22'baykat has been promoted to Pirate22'baykat has been promoted to Pirate
Team Lews Lite on a 6'6" ml Laguna Liquid.
22'baykat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2017, 08:21 AM   #17
habanerojooz
Registered Users-pm+

habanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Pirate
I recently switched to Lew's. I had been a lifelong user of Abu Garcia baitcasters (Revos, Ambassadeurs) dating back to my 8-track playing days.

Lew's offers an adjustable centrifugal braking system. IMO, that system is better than using magnets for braking.

Currently using a Lew's Tournament MB (TS1SHMB) and Tournament Pro (TPG1SH). Both are mounted on 6'6" Laguna customs, Med-Lite and Med, 20# PPro Super 8 - FG Knot - 20# flouro leader.

I found a couple of sellers on fleabay with good prices on those 2 Lew's models. The reels were brand new, original boxes, warranty paperwork, etc.
habanerojooz is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2017, 08:37 AM   #18
sharkinaggie07
Registered Users-pm+

sharkinaggie07 has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie07 has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie07 has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie07 has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie07 has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie07 has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie07 has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie07 has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie07 has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie07 has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie07 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by habanerojooz View Post

I found a couple of sellers on fleabay with good prices on those 2 Lew's models. The reels were brand new, original boxes, warranty paperwork, etc.
You should be able to get at least $20-$30 (most likely more) off what they are retailing for in brick and mortar stores on the fleabay. Free shipping and no sales tax...what is not to like? Buy from a reputable seller and you are good to go. In my experience, paypal has been excellent to work with should any kind of dispute arise.

-SA
sharkinaggie07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2017, 08:42 AM   #19
dk2429
Pro life, pro gun, Trump 2016

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by habanerojooz View Post
I recently switched to Lew's. I had been a lifelong user of Abu Garcia baitcasters (Revos, Ambassadeurs) dating back to my 8-track playing days.

Lew's offers an adjustable centrifugal braking system. IMO, that system is better than using magnets for braking.

Currently using a Lew's Tournament MB (TS1SHMB) and Tournament Pro (TPG1SH). Both are mounted on 6'6" Laguna customs, Med-Lite and Med, 20# PPro Super 8 - FG Knot - 20# flouro leader.

I bought my Team Lews Lite ($240) brand new, in the box, sealed up, for $175 off of eBay. You can find some bad A deals.
dk2429 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2017, 09:20 AM   #20
johnsons1480
Registered Users-pm+

johnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk2429 View Post
I bought my Team Lews Lite ($240) brand new, in the box, sealed up, for $175 off of eBay. You can find some bad A deals.
I did the same based on your other post. I paid $176.99 total with no shipping or tax. Ordered it the afternoon of March 15, and it was in my mailbox March 18. It arrived in perfect condition. Caught my first redfish on it last weekend!

To answer the original question:

Topwaters and artificals: Shimano Chronarch CI4+ on a 6'6" Medium Mod. Fast rod I made. 30 lb Seaguar Kanzen FG knot to 25 lb Seaguar STS fluro leader palomar knot to Norman Lures Speed Clip. As an aside, I'm probably going to make this my do-all wading setup and replace it with a 7' Medium Light Mod. Fast and a Lews Team Lite for the boat.

Spinner baits and other heavy stuff: Lews Team Lite on a 7' Medium-Fast rod (soon to be replaced by a 7' Medium Heavy-Mod. Fast). 30 lb Seaguar Kanzen uni knot (double wrapped, 12 turns) directly to the spinner bait.

Popping cork: Shimano Stradic CI4+ 2500 on a St. Croix Avid Inshore Medium Fast. 10 lb Spiderwire Ultracast Invisi-Braid FG knot to 25 lb Seaguar STS fluro leader with a 3" slotted, weighted Comal Tackle PlastiPop, then palomar knot to Norman Lures Speed Clip. If I'm using live shrimp I use a 1/0 circle hook (I think ... I bought whatever Tobin recommended in Limit STI). I've also tried, with no success as of yet, a 3" New Penny Gulp! Shrimp on a 3/0 Owner TwistLOCK hook rigged weedless.
johnsons1480 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message